Soldier boy

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning was definitely COOL in more ways than one. Yes, it was a little chilly and I wore my long pants for the first time hunting in a long time. But what was really cool about today is that I found my very first metal toy soldier! I have seen where others have found them but I never have - until this morning. I also found a charm that looks pretty neat, $2.18 and of course my usual pull tabs and junk metal and tin foil.
Moneynjunk102808.jpg

Soldier102808.jpg

Charm102808.jpg

It was a great morning! I'll take it! :wink:

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Mumzie, that toy soldier looks to be an old one. Congrats on the find and on sticking with it.

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
[size=11pt]I am excited for you since I know how far you have to travel to the beaches. Congratulations on your finds today and glad to see that you got out.[/size]

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat finds Mumzie, love the little charm and soldier too :thumbsup:

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does it I am going out to the pasture to see if anything fell out of the sky or may be some lone cowboy rode by here. :wink:
Congrats on that soldier.
Burdie

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice little soldiers you got there.

HH Jer

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
congrats.. I found 1 lead soldier this yr... they arent worth much.. i was bummed cause i thought they would be.... I did figure out that if u scratched it in any way u can cover it up with a lead pencil

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
Hello mumszie:

That soldier boy looks to be from the WW1 era. I found one just like it a couple of years back. Here's a pic of the one I found. The only toy soldier I ever found.

Nice find.
relics2.JPG

Happy Hunting. Just about over for us up here.

Foiled Again

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I agree Foiled Again, it looks just like yours! I thought it looked like a WW I soldier too. Pretty cool. I don't care if it isn't worth much. I don't sell my stuff anyway. But you topped me! You found a horse too! That is way cool!

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
WTG your on a roll :thumbsup: Your solider goes for @ $25 give or take . Some of the paint is still on it which is good fro value. I'd get a good reference book from the library and check the current prices, I could be off.

HH Acevillav

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep without a doubt its a WW1 era type soldier (look at the "dough boy" wide flat rimmed helmet) WW2 era soldiers used unrimmed pot type helmets --quite differant looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread