Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that's awesome, must've been exciting to go through that many solid rolls of wheats. I love those finds when you know you're in the thick of a collection, you never know what each roll will turn up

OP
OP
Z

Zavenoa

Sep 26, 2012
NoVA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea it was awesome, the only reason I didn't consider it an epic box was that all the wheats were 40s and 50s, if they had been a mix of all years it would have been the find of a lifetime :)

OP
OP
Z

Zavenoa

Sep 26, 2012
NoVA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll post pics when I get home. I've sorted the 40s but still have a basket of the 50s.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
70 and 72 have some known errors! Do some research and get a loupe to check them out! Very nice find.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Gotta love those epic wheat finds!

OP
OP
Z

Zavenoa

Sep 26, 2012
NoVA
Primary Interest:
Other
So here is a pic of the contents of the box. A couple of quick disclaimers. I added in some of the 40's and 50's Wheats before I took this, so not ALL of the wheat pennies came from this box alone, just most. However, I did forget to mention that I also found a 1945 Lamination error in the box!!! That one I know for sure didn't come from another box. Also, if you notice the lack of Denver and SF 40s it's because I don't have enough to make a whole roll yet, so they are sitting in another box in their respective rolls. I also have a lot of Pennsylvania rolls from the 40's that are almost full, including the 47, 48, and 49 cents. Finally, I made a mistake earlier when I said there were 3 P, 3 D, and 3 S rolls of BU '72s. There were actually 4 P, 3 D, and 2 S rolls. I opened up one of the rolls of '72-P BU to give an idea of the shape they're in, definitely BU.

Epic Penny Box Contents.jpg

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome box gotta love those pennies I do. I have about 600 wheat pennies so far HCRH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread