Solving the Beale Papers

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, if you want to accept the Hart papers....then Ward clearly details that the copies were destroyed before a plan for distribution had been formed. Of course, this is only if you want to accept this perfectly acceptable answer from the publication's agent?
By FIRE... in MANY stoves; to keep places WARM! VERY cold WINTER! (Ppl said...).

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By FIRE... to keep the place WARM! VERY cold WINTER!

Makes sense to most considering the amount and cost of numerous ads, the cost of printing, etc. I highly doubt that anyone of even basic mathematical skills would invest so much only to market that product in such a limited marketplace by design, hence never even offering them a chance of recovering their investment. Fires happen, investments are lost, refunding isn't always possible. A perfectly acceptable scenario.

OP
OP
The Enigmatist

The Enigmatist

Feb 9, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
Other
You've made my day! You know, going through all the Masonic material, makes me want to become a Mason, but I dont' believe I would be viewed as objective by non-Masons, and possibly in violation of my oath to Masonry, so I've stayed away from joining....that being said- nothing but huge respect to Masonry- and I hope that respect is evident in the book.

OP
OP
The Enigmatist

The Enigmatist

Feb 9, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
Other
Obviously, we don't know this- but Sherman did not own the Paper at the time of its first printing- Button did. Button was a pro-South, anti-Republican, anti-Reconstruction, pro-segregationist, who made most of his money prior to, and during the War, on slave auction advertisements. A small blurb about a for-sale paper would not have cost much; particularly if said paper was printed on an as-needed basis. Little known fact, but quick and easy duplication presses were readily available in 1884. There is no reason why the original could not have been sent to Lynchburg and duplicates made from it on an as-needed basis.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You've made my day! You know, going through all the Masonic material, makes me want to become a Mason, but I dont' believe I would be viewed as objective by non-Masons, and possibly in violation of my oath to Masonry, so I've stayed away from joining....that being said- nothing but huge respect to Masonry- and I hope that respect is evident in the book.
WOULDN'T join "The Craft", today; gone TOO "High-Tech". Staying out is best for REAL FREE-THINKERS! Last year was my LAST; was "Blue Lodge" (MASTER MASON) since 1977... NO MORE! HA! DANG yearly dues are TOO HIGH!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is...

OP
OP
The Enigmatist

The Enigmatist

Feb 9, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to have to come by and see this in person! I'm back in China at the moment.

OP
OP
The Enigmatist

The Enigmatist

Feb 9, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to say, my original take on the Hart Papers were that they were a "2nd chapter" so to speak; a secondary thrust by two men who wanted to keep the original story alive- but after reading them about 100 times and "running" them through the same rigorous inspection I gave the TBPs, they turned up zero. So, I take that info with a grain of salt. I generally believe the base info, such as the interviews and their description of their own forays, as accurate- but their speculation is exactly that; speculation.

OP
OP
The Enigmatist

The Enigmatist

Feb 9, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS- A great question- and a very important question. Best to think about this from a Masonic perspective? The need to actually make money off the publication was not, and is not, a factor to Masons. No Masonic author, writing specifically about a Masonic topic, has ever made money off of a story. So, profit cannot be considered. Ward himself, was not a Mason, when the Papers were released. My total answer to you would be so long, and require so much back and forth, that I suggest you pick up my book- not that I want to sell books...but the answer is complicated, and the easiest way to explain it is for you to simply read the whole of it on your own, rather than a drawn out explanation. I believe Reb would agree?

OP
OP
The Enigmatist

The Enigmatist

Feb 9, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
Other
No, nothing so fun. I'm an art director for Shanghai Disney (currently under construction)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have to say, my original take on the Hart Papers were that they were a "2nd chapter" so to speak; a secondary thrust by two men who wanted to keep the original story alive- but after reading them about 100 times and "running" them through the same rigorous inspection I gave the TBPs, they turned up zero. So, I take that info with a grain of salt. I generally believe the base info, such as the interviews and their description of their own forays, as accurate- but their speculation is exactly that; speculation.
Well, the Hart Bros were just Treasure Hunters from Roanoke, Va. (@ 20 miles, WEST of Buford's/Montvale, Va.). They were looking for Treasure alluded to in the HART PAPERS, using the 3 pages of CIPHERS, only... NO Beale Expedition, "BE Story", etc. Clayton had the Ciphers pages from Newton Hazlewood (1st Lt. CSA & POSSIBLE Reb Spy/KGC). Clayton ALSO changed the numbers, slightly... dunno.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ECS- A great question- and a very important question. Best to think about this from a Masonic perspective? The need to actually make money off the publication was not, and is not, a factor to Masons. No Masonic author, writing specifically about a Masonic topic, has ever made money off of a story. So, profit cannot be considered. Ward himself, was not a Mason, when the Papers were released. My total answer to you would be so long, and require so much back and forth, that I suggest you pick up my book- not that I want to sell books...but the answer is complicated, and the easiest way to explain it is for you to simply read the whole of it on your own, rather than a drawn out explanation. I believe Reb would agree?
Heh... if ya like VERY "Heavy" reading... like Bro Albert Pike! Gotta take it SLOW!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can see the FLYING DRAGON Roller Coaster, now. Be Mindful of Chinese Astrology; This IS the Year of the MONKEY! "Google" Chinese Year of the MONKEY... HH! Good Luck!
Beware of the FIRE MONKEY! Order Out of Chaos...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Now, I gotta eat Chinese Food, today... with CHOP-STICKS! FUN! Wife is NOT amused... "STOP playing with yer food, Dear..". HA!

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, I gotta eat Chinese Food, today... with CHOP-STICKS! FUN! Wife is NOT amused... "STOP playing with yer food, Dear..". HA!

You know the guy that puts the menu on your condo door for Chinese food?

Seems a lot of people selling books on this forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread