Some 2006 stuff I found

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
Hello all:

Busy cleaning up last years stuff and thought I would post these finds.

2006goodstuff2.JPG

The ring in the middle with the red stone is 10K gold. Only gold I found this year. The stone appears is not a gemstone, probably plastic. At least its gold!!
The short chain and all of the rings are sterling, including the baby ring. The stamp on the OM ring is badly worn but seems to be 925 but could be 225 if there is such a stamp. The Celtic rope ring is a size 13 and heavy.
The long chain seems to be brass although it looked like copper when I pulled it out of the ground. After soaking it in various chemicals, I resorted to the brush with the brass bristles to get the corrosion off. The copper bangle was found very deep at the site of an old cellar from the 30s but looks newer.
My wife says the pendant with the clear stone is the most impressive thing I have found so far. It is in a sterling setting so you can bet it is not a diamond. Found it in the rocks by a river and almost had a hard attack when I rinsed it off and saw it glittering in the sunshine. Stone looks too good to be a cubic zirconium and a jeweller I showed it too said it would be worth $75-$80. Pretty meager finds last year. Maybe I'll have to concentrate on digging more of the iffy signals next season.

Some of the other stuff that got my heart rate up last year but turned out to be nothing. Fun to dig em up anyway.

junkringsetc2.JPG

Last thing for now - anybody know what this is? Looks like it hooks up to other ones as part of a train or something. Very heavy and well made. About as tall as a quarter on end and the metal has a kind of yellowish color.

24train.JPG

Hope you enjoy the pics. I look at all the posts every chance I get. Can't wait to get my hands dirty again.

Foiled Again

Upvote 0

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That last pic looks like some NASCAR collectible. Jeff Gordon is the #24 car and the numbers are in the same style.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice display!

HH,
Nat

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those are some nice finds. Looks like you do a lot of beach hunting along with field hunting.

Nice finds, keep them coming.

HH<Ringfinder

rosevelt

Oct 22, 2004
The First pic one of your rings looks identically to mine!!!!!! My pic wont be a really good close up but here look.

ring.jpg

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice FA! At least it's obvious you weren't foiled every time... :)

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
Foiled Again

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
rosevelt:

The rings do look absolutely identical. This one says "sterling" inside followed by another character that I can't read.
I have the other stone for mine, just have to find something to glue it in with. I found it in the dry sand on a local beach and all the stones were there. It fell out when I was shining it up at home. I was lucky to find that tiny speck on my desk when it came loose.

Any idea what the stones are?

Foiled Again

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
The Celtic ring is my favorite out of the collection.

What did you make the blue display out of? Nice presentation! ;)

Ridley

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FA,
Very impressive finds. I can see how your heart would be racing with some of those finds. I think I would have needed CPR if I found that diamond pendant. ;D Great display. Thanks for sharing.
-MM-

rosevelt

Oct 22, 2004
The ring I have is really small it probably doesn't even fit a baby's finger ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, Mine also says sterling and i cant read after that. I'm pretty sure the stones are fake. I found mine at a old park at like 6 inches ;D

-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread