Some beautiful ladies walked into my life yesterday. A tale of two ladies......

Howeburger

Mar 30, 2007
MN
Yesterday I stopped in at a bank I had never been. I asked for some halves and they told me they only had two, until another teller chimed in saying there was a bag of loose halves in the vault. I asked to buy them. She brought out the bag and had to hand count it in front of me. For me this is the most tense moment, as I can see silver glaring back at me from the pile. What happened next was the LONGEST 10 minutes in recorded history. (anyone else feel it yesterday afternoon around 3?)
During the count I spied at least two beautiful ladies in the bunch. The teller grabbed one up, examined it, and put it with the rest. This is the moment of truth when EVERY coin roll hunter becomes so tense, we do not know what to do with ourselves. Will she set it aside, will some other teller scream "we are saving those for so and so!" Not today my friends, I made out with a bag of $300. I thanked them and wished them a pleasurable week.
My final take:
4 Beautiful ladies
2 Bens
1 1964
1 1966
2 1968 SProofs ARE THESE 68's 40% or 90%???
1 2003

Not to bad, what a variety.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Jan 15th 2008.JPG
    Jan 15th 2008.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Great finds Howe! I know what you are talking about. You never know when a greedy teller will try to snag 'em right out from under you. Good job on keeping your composure. ;D

HH
Hoose

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I know I have a bank I go to that always has to count the halves by hand, last time was $90 out of the coin counter and the teller swiped a Ben. First time I went there, after much prodding this lazy teller finally admitted to having $500 loose in the vault. She comes walking by struggling with the weight, only take a minute to recount these. No need I says "I trust the counter". No we have to recount, be right back. Needless to say a couple other tellers disappear into the back room and after 15 mins. I was told to have a seat. Finally in the time I could have counted, searched and rolled them all myself she comes out with a much lighter bag, flips it on the counter like a sack of candy. $300, I said how does $500 turn into $300? Oh the count was wrong. I know I lost out on alot of silver that day, as it was I got over 50 40%ers and a Ben that they missed. I keep hoping when I go back there there will be a new crop of tellers but small town not to be- always get silver though. Congrats on the ladies, HH Mark

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Some beautiful ladies walked into my life yesterday. A tale of two ladies..

Nicely done. It does cause you to put on your best poker face and hold your breath...........doesn't it. 8)

WTG !

Oh yeah the two 68S's are 40%ers.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny HB.....I know just the moments you are referring to. They can seem to last forever....ha! Just give me the coins so I can go.....lol.

Nicely done.....congrats.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Some beautiful ladies walked into my life yesterday. A tale of two ladies..

Good thing you got em,
Its funny how some tellers take everything and then there are others that just dont care and save em for you.
Maybe they just dont know they are more valuable now.
I had one bag I bought that the older lady said "you should have fun with these, I saw a couple ladies in there"
Other times they search. I guess its just the luck of the draw,

But then again, most tellers and people for that matter dont have the same mentality as we do when it comes to such things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions