Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of 'tard does this, 1 5/8" diameter plastic "token" :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: caused sensor jam during my dump, add the 3" wood screws, wire nuts, washers, dog food, paper clips, staples---- and on, and on____even the signs on machine fail to deter dopes from dumping their trash :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4047.JPG just wish they would try dumping a few dozen Draped Bust silver dollars :laughing7::laughing7:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is an idea I plan to pass on to my CU. today was another jam from a previous "customer". the mgr. WAS FUMING, said this nitwit had a bunch of coins added to her collection of DOG FUR :BangHead::BangHead:
A couple of my dump banks have a clear plastic "jar of shame" that they just load up all the crap that people dump in the machines... Antacid tablets, cigarette butts, screws, bolts, bullets (yes bullets).

They also have a sign up indicating that if it's determined that you damaged the machine by depositing wet or dirty coins or foreign objects that you will be responsible for repairs. They're new machines too... they told me the one they got was $40k new, so I would imagine any significant repairs would cost a small fortune.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a Credit Union about 4 miles from me... last I knew, they had a free coin counting machine... if they still have it, I will be opening an account there today.

Checked them out today... turns out you have to have a "special" account with them to use their coin machine for free... otherwise, they charge a 5% fee... when the guy told me this, I responded "like Coinstar?"... to which he defensively responded, "well they charge like 10%"... to which I said, well "any charge kind of defeats the purpose."

I did pick up a pamphlet to see if there was any way I could set up an account were I could use it for free... you have to meet like 8 criteria... so I'll see if I can make it work... otherwise, I'll keep searching...

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like WF is ending their contract with the coin counting company...if you are using a WF branch for coin counters, check with them, they may be going away.

None of my WF branches has them, as far as I know...

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I was waiting one time and some nut bag dumped condoms and all kinds of crap in the coin counter. Just remember they dump silver two they don't have a clue!!!! Just smile and wait for the good stuff!!! Your dumping clad!!! more crap right!!!

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Ocean City, NJ a few years ago, back when I was searching 20+ boxes a week. The machine was jammed and when we opened it up we found someone had dumped a bucketful of pennies mixed with sand into it. I helped the girl clean it out and she gave me the sandy cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread