Some estate sale finds--What does "O.T." stand for on this brooch?

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Estate sale finds--first is a combo brooch/pendant, goldtone with greenish leaves....stamped "O.T." on the pin part. What do those letters stand for?

Here's some pics: IMG_8043 (1024x684).jpg IMG_8042 (684x1024).jpg IMG_8039 (1024x951).jpg IMG_8025 (1024x684).jpg

Also got a very pretty Mother-of-pearl sterling serving spoon in original box and a silver-plate Christening set.
IMG_8021 (1024x683).jpg IMG_8019 (903x1015).jpg IMG_8014 (1024x683).jpg
IMG_8008 (801x1024).jpg IMG_8000 (1024x772).jpg IMG_7998 (747x1024).jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds The O.T. is a makers mark, but who it is I don't know. Your other pieces are more intriguing to me. Not much out there about W.H. Davis, Bronson, Mich. About all I can find are advertising calendars with his name on them. That being said the one from 1919 says "Jeweler" only, the one from 1925 and 1928 both say "Jeweler and Optometrist" so I would say that your pieces date before 1925 at least. Both pieces being in the orig. box is great and will only add to the value. Maybe worth more to a local collector?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds The O.T. is a makers mark, but who it is I don't know. Your other pieces are more intriguing to me. Not much out there about W.H. Davis, Bronson, Mich. About all I can find are advertising calendars with his name on them. That being said the one from 1919 says "Jeweler" only, the one from 1925 and 1928 both say "Jeweler and Optometrist" so I would say that your pieces date before 1925 at least. Both pieces being in the orig. box is great and will only add to the value. Maybe worth more to a local collector?
Thanks diggummup--I think the spoon is my favorite--but from what I can gather only the "collar" part is actually sterling silver....the rest is silver-plate. I'll probably just take these pieces to my sister's shop, because they aren't selling too high on ebay.....we do better with so called "antiques" at the shop. Seems like ebay is so flooded with stuff, people are just giving it away.
Appreciate the info!! :hello:

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! Your first piece is an Edwardian watch pin (you would hang a watch from the bail), and likely rolled gold/gold filled.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has a seller offer that ended Sunday (list up to 100,000 items for free - no fee unless your item sells. Hopefully things will slow down as a result and priceswill rise again soon.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has a seller offer that ended Sunday (list up to 100,000 items for free - no fee unless your item sells. Hopefully things will slow down as a result and prices will rise again soon.
We mainly use eBay for research only....unless its something that's very rare or unusual.
Thank you mjm579.

And thanks Metro Retro & jerseyben for the comments~~

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds.I have an old National Bella Hess catalog from the 1920s where they show a peral handle berry spoon,cold meat fork,flat tomato server and a cake server. They were about 75 cent. In the reprint I have of the 1927 Sears catalog,the pearl handled serving ware, the pearl looks like it was mother of pearl and the silver finial or handle the pearl is in is more elaberate and costs more.You can still buy the stuff today. OT as someone says is the makers mark,but who that was i don't know.A good source for pictures of old items are reprints of old catalogs.You can even get them on CD from Vintage Reproductions or Cabin Creek CDs.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds.I have an old National Bella Hess catalog from the 1920s where they show a peral handle berry spoon,cold meat fork,flat tomato server and a cake server. They were about 75 cent. In the reprint I have of the 1927 Sears catalog,the pearl handled serving ware, the pearl looks like it was mother of pearl and the silver finial or handle the pearl is in is more elaberate and costs more.You can still buy the stuff today. OT as someone says is the makers mark,but who that was i don't know.A good source for pictures of old items are reprints of old catalogs.You can even get them on CD from Vintage Reproductions or Cabin Creek CDs.
Thank you so much Fritos56.....I love old catalogs and if I see one, try to always buy it. And I've got a couple of those Sears catalog reprints....love looking through those! Great reference material!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread