Why did my "gotta love amazon" thread get deleted?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on mods, what now????????????????? deleted with no explanation? I seen someone make a sorta obscene post but you could have just edited it and not deleted my whole hard working and thought up thread..:BangHead:
... Good question do you think the mod that wiped the whole thread out will tell us why............ But then you always have one or two that post that have to get obscene..... And mess every thing up......

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that too, and doesn't make any sense. And a thread should never be wiped out from a single post added (if that was the case), just no excuse for that.

I noticed because I didn't get to post my reply.... which was... cashing out money doesn't mean much without knowing what was sold, and how much is profit. If I bought a load of stuff for 10k and sold it for 8k and posted.... 8k this week! Gotta love Amazon! .... It seems very impressive until you know the facts. I say this because some people probably think I make a fortune with how high my sales totals can be over some months, but the reality is if you only make a small % of each item, and with all the extra costs associated with selling, it's amazing how an awesome looking month can be brought right back to just a regular moderate paying job.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey mod/s (whomever is responsible)-
Kind of harsh to delete the entire thread, ya think? I remember the reply/link and who did it. Maybe you should have deleted that reply and put that person on time out or something? I mean, that link he replied with was totally inappropriate for this forum. They were the guilty one. The OP did nothing wrong here whatsoever. Why punish them? Hello?

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a mod on very busy forum, we would remove threads, but not delete them. They would be moved to a hidden forum until we would decide if the thread would be cleaned up or just kept in the vault so to speak.

reelglory

Mar 6, 2013
on the banks of the Taunton River
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be that Amazon.com is an on line retailer and in direct competition with some of the paid advertisers on this site....just a guess though. I did not see the thread in question.
Regards,
Bob

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was a mod on very busy forum, we would remove threads, but not delete them. They would be moved to a hidden forum until we would decide if the thread would be cleaned up or just kept in the vault so to speak.

This scenario has occurred on here before so maybe the thread will be cleaned up a returned at a later time?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureHunters said:
Come on mods, what now????????????????? deleted with no explanation? I seen someone make a sorta obscene post but you could have just edited it and not deleted my whole hard working and thought up thread..:BangHead:

There is no thread by you titled "gotta love Amazon", there is one titled Amazon in garage sale forum and it is still open...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
There is no thread by you titled "gotta love Amazon", there is one titled Amazon in garage sale forum and it is still open...

We do not delete threads or posts unless duplicate, all others are soft delete so no longer visible or they are moved to quarantine forum.

We keep all posts deleted in case admins wish to see it.

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do not delete threads or posts unless duplicate, all others are soft delete so no longer visible or they are moved to quarantine forum.

We keep all posts deleted in case admins wish to see it.

but there was one called "gotta love amazon" on here a few days ago, me and many other witnesses can attest to! Someone did in fact delete it because someone put a link to a picture of a dildo

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you, I found diggum's report on it..... It may have been removed by an admin, the only threads or posts I delete are duplicates, I keep all others and do a soft delete so members can't see it or move it to guarantee forum.... Most other mods do the same, I am checking to see if anyone knows what happen, thread is gone, I can only find the report....

Just for the record though, we are not required to tell anyone when a thread or post is deleted, any thread or post can disappear at any time for any reason as per our TOS.... But with that said, your thread should not have been completely removed, we keep them so they can be restored if needed or if a member goes to admin and says "I never said that" we have a record which has happen in the past.........

Even though I did not delete it my apologies because it was deleted....

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you, I found diggum's report on it..... It may have been removed by an admin, the only threads or posts I delete are duplicates, I keep all others and do a soft delete so members can't see it or move it to quarantine forum.... Most other mods do the same, I am checking to see if anyone knows what happen, thread is gone, I can only find the report....

Just for the record though, we are not required to tell anyone when a thread or post is deleted, any thread or post can disappear at any time for any reason as per our TOS.... But with that said, your thread should not have been completely removed, we keep them so they can be restored if needed or if a member goes to admin and says "I never said that" we have a record which has happen in the past.........

Even though I did not delete it my apologies because it was deleted....

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions