free2Dtect

Attachments

• Indian 1882.jpg
    Indian 1882.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Great find free I look forward to finding my first IH, hopefully in the near future. I must say that Your transformation in your picture is unbelieveable. :o ;D ::)
Mchamby

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice find there free. I found an 1883 IH at the fair grounds here in Merrill'Wi.over the weekend.
Your first pic turned out nice.The liberty is full in the headband so it didn't circulate much before
it was lost. The ground really does a number on those old wheats and I H ?here in Wisconsin.
Best of luck to you on future hunts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. is your "Maby "Half Dime" smaller then a dime ?

whats its width in MM's ?

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very productive night I'd say. Great finds. Keep them coming.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Psgen

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds pete,

HH

Lonewolfe

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice finds,do you night fish to pete?Have you ever had the cop's check you out when your diggin at night?

F

Floater

Nice finds there Pete, Glad the locals arent bothering you. How come at night so much though. Just work schedule or what.?HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night hunting is the "Best"!

I hunt at night too (I'd say 1/2 my detecting time is done at night).

It's really nice when the place you're hunting is within walking distance of your house (or someone's house you're visiting).

There's a large 2 story middle school & yard not in use anymore (built in 1909) next to my father-inlaws house (prob 3 acres of detectable land) that I've been hunting off and on at night a lot for the past 10+ yrs

The cops all know me, and I've had permission from the current owner forever so no one bothers me, and I even take a few beers with me to drink while hunting! The cops all stop and ask "find anything good tonight"!? and don't even say anything about drinking the beer!

I've found lots of good stuff in that place over the yrs - it's kind of like my "home away from home"! lol

Pete,

are you still going to make it over here across the big pond this spring so we can get some hunting in?

I'm almost 1/2 tempted to take the ferry across and come do some hunting in your neck of the woods after seeing all those Indians/etc. that you've been finding!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG, good finds! I hope I can get some of the coins you guys get. What is a good % for discrimination, I want Buffalo Nickles and rings, any advise? Just got back from NC trip check out my post. (Finds on trip to NC w/pics).

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 186
  • question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 189

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Free,

Half dimes would be silver. For some reason, and it may be the photo, what you are thinking might be a half dime, does not appear to be silver, looking more like nickel. A nickel three cent piece would be exactly the same size as a dime, but I think what you have looks thicker then what a nickel three cent piece. Is what you have silver?

Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread