Some finds from the "Hidden" Playground

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Some finds from the "Hidden" Playground

Hi all, I detected this little playground that has been there since the late 60's early 70's that is in a cul de sac of a subdivision , funny thing is that I have lived here 35 years and didn't know it existed! ??? (Grew up on the other side of town)
I spent about 3 1/2 hours there so far and only did about 1/2 of the approx. 50x80' grass parallel to the sandy playground of about the same size.
I detected for no less than a minute and pulled up a looney, so I was off to a pretty good start.
About 45 min later I got a strong signal on my Ace 250 and pulled two quarters out of the same hole.......thought I would check the hole again and low and behold :o more quarters, dimes , two toonies ($2.00 coin) for a total of $6.15 out of the same hole!!!. I also found a couple of junk rings some pulltabs, screw caps and some foil.
All in all it was a very good site which I think I'll return to ASAP as I'm sure it's far from cleaned out, And I haven't even touched the sandy playground yet!!! :D
HH
Broncox

Attachments

• 2005_05150024.JPG
    2005_05150024.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Some finds from the "Hidden" Playground

Man, that's some haul! You found more in one hole than most find all day. WTG! Looking forward to the sandy area. HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Thats a nice days work.keep on diggin and posting.HH

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG!? ?Nice haul. I see that you are in B.C. that explains the Tooney & Looney. LOL.... Now there will be a lot of PPL here on the forum that will ask what and the heck is he talking about. Toonies & Loonies. I live just south of Montreal here in the States so I see and find them all the time. I have a collection of Nickel & Pennies Started. Keep Up the good work!?

Attachments

• Cents Canada.jpg
    Cents Canada.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Nickel Canada.jpg
    Nickel Canada.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 337

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA

Thats great, and out of the grass! :o Looks like youv'e got your machine down pat.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

psgen said:
WTG!? ?Nice haul. I see that you are in B.C. that explains the Tooney & Looney. LOL.... Now there will be a lot of PPL here on the forum that will ask what and the heck is he talking about. Toonies & Loonies. I live just south of Montreal here in the States so I see and find them all the time. I have a collection of Nickel & Pennies Started. Keep Up the good work!?
Well as a matter of fact....while Broncox Vernon BC sorta explained a "Tooney", what is a "Looney"?
Not being familiar with much canadian currency(although living in Fla, you'd think I saw it all the time!) I thought you found a bugs bunny ring! ;D HH omnicognic 8)

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:) The One Dollar Canadian Coin or "Loony" is so called because of the Loon depicted on the coin. If you have 2 Loonies = Two Loonies or shortened to "Tooney" thus the $2 Canadian coin is a "tooney" even though it doesn't duplicate a loon. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Looney.jpg
    Looney.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 324

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

COOL, Looks like you had a great Time.

Congrats!!
jeff

CS110

Feb 12, 2005

Good finds. It seems that there are tons of places around everyone that they never knew existed. Every now and then I drive down a road I've never been down before and it seems like everytime I do I run across some playground or ballpark that's just waiting to be detected.

OP
OP
B

Broncox Vernon BC

Some more finds from the "Hidden" Playground

Went back to the playground today, only for about 1/2 hour today...........then it rained!!
Broncox

Attachments

• 44St park.JPG
    44St park.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 44St parkl.JPG
    44St parkl.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 44St parkr.JPG
    44St parkr.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 185

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some politicians may ask, "Which side of the coin is the loonie"? ;D ;D

R

rvbvetter

Dang! You beat me to it. Thats why we don't have Bush on our currency.
For that matter, the last 2 or 3 pres's HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread