Some forum Sponsors and vendors are not all theyre cracked up to be

rhino71

Mar 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Whites DFX Garrett GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some forum Sponsors and vendors are not all they're cracked up to be

I made a few inquiries over the holiday into some different machines posted on the classifieds. I also ATTEMPTED to communicate directly with some of the vendors regarding some different new detectors. Let's just say my batting average on getting replies from some of them wouldn't have won a little league game. Say whatever you want about some of the vendors but what I read about some of them and what I experienced was night and day. And for business to tell someone they will get back to them and you hear nothing, nada...even days later ??? Not going to stay in business long....nuff said.

Upvote 0

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have nobody local. The few I have found operate out of their houses after work hours and that never seems to work for me when I am in their area. They also very seldom if ever have anything out of the box they want to demo. I wish I had a mom and pop shop, they would have my business. I can't imagine trying to survive just selling detectors out of a brick and mortar store, the overhead would kill you. I buy from the sponsors listed on this sight and have had nothing but good experiences. If you were buying or inquiring between Xmas and News Years, then to bad, it's a busy time of the year and they have family too. They are not Walmart slaves at your disposal.

Quit whining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread