Some help from my fellow crab people

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum. Personally , I have a Whites MXT. It is a "does it all" kind of machine :hello2:. But it's a lot pricier
than you are looking for. A good all around machine is a Garrett Ace 150 or Ace 250. They fall in the price range but I can't speak for their gold finding capabilities. Where in Md. are you looking for the gold anyways :dontknow:? Down by DC? Be careful around there because most all of the land is either private or State owned parkland. Those rangers don't take too kindly to people trying to gobble up the gold in those parts :angry5:. There are places off of the beaten track though if you do your homework :read2:. Good luck.

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
I had a cheap metal detector when I was younger, but just got back into it again. I started about a month ago and did quite a bit of research before I got a detector. The ACE 250 seems like the best all around starter detector for the money. Check out kellyco detectors at the top of the page. I've been happy with this detector so far. I found a couple dollars in clad coins, some wheaties, a barber dime, and silver Washington, and some neat relics. I'm certainly a rookie too, but I think this is good advice.

OP
OP
DZNZ

DZNZ

May 14, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Silver UMax
Thanks for the advice ppl. It is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions