Some interesting finds from the secret spot

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heres a few items from my secret spot in the woods.the ages are unknown,however i'm betting late 18th early 19th century as everything else from the ground there is of that age,and there is no modern trash at all.The horse interests me as well as the axe.The horse is comprised of 2 very thin pieces of badly corroded metal,old toy maybe? the triangular piece at the top is a file

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 651
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 658
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 673
Upvote 0

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Based on what I see in VT, there are more sites to hunt than you have time for! Everything is old and when traveling along the old state highways some great opportunities for sniping the greens.
I was just in Rutland for 2 weeks doing some work and would love to have hunted. Do people sneer at you like here in NY when pulling out the detector? Here I'd be better off taking an RPG from the trunk.
You have some great grounds, enjoy!

OP
OP
C

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coin_diver said:
Based on what I see in VT, there are more sites to hunt than you have time for! Everything is old and when traveling along the old state highways some great opportunities for sniping the greens.
I was just in Rutland for 2 weeks doing some work and would love to have hunted. Do people sneer at you like here in NY when pulling out the detector? Here I'd be better off taking an RPG from the trunk.
You have some great grounds, enjoy!
some people sneer,but the spot i'm working now is nearly a mile in the woods.i found it hiking.

OP
OP
C

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
any ideas on the age or type of axe and what did the item with the key hole in it go to? the lock cover? was found as is,very little corrosion or dirt attached

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread