Some interesting North Texas finds--- Could use some help with a few!

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the privilege of hunting three different spots in the last few days and had a great time. I found a 1927 buffalo and a 1946 dime. Also found several old overall buttons and suspenders. My favorite find was an old hotel fob of some sort. It says Frisco Hotel, 28, Sherman Texas. I can't find ANYTHING online and the historical society didn't have any answers for me. Any idea of the age? Also found a token that I can't find anything about. The coolest part is the phone number only has three digits. It is from Plainview, Texas. Has anyone seen one of these? Thanks!

Attachments

• finds from Eugene's Nov.jpg
    finds from Eugene's Nov.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Frisco hotel fob.jpg
    Frisco hotel fob.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Plainview bus token.jpg
    Plainview bus token.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 1

urbanminer

May 21, 2007
Heart of Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre,Cutlass, Vaquero
Whites and B Hunter LandStar
Try: The Portal to Texas History, I found several references to the Frisco Hotel there....One is announcing the purchase of property for the hotel. There is more, some articles that mention the hotel (in passing).[h=3]The Democrat. (McKinney, Tex.), Vol. 19, No. 12, Ed. 1 Thursday, April 24, 1902[/h]Date: April 24, 1902
Creator: Thompson, F. C.
Description: Weekly newspaper from McKinney, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with advertising.
Contributing Partner: Collin County Genealogical Society

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds.

urbanminer

May 21, 2007
Heart of Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre,Cutlass, Vaquero
Whites and B Hunter LandStar
Preview

[h=4]Here is what I found on the Hotel's demise.

Sequence: 1
[/h]... immediately for her bedside. Mrs. Kubauk is near eighty years of age. Sues Railroad for 950,000.Sherman... fire that has occurred in this town was discovered Wednesday morning at 3:45 o'clock in the Frisco... Hotel, and as it was beyond control when discovered it soin burned to the ground, with but few of tho... hem i*n. The Texas Bankers Association which met in Sherman adjourned Wednesday at noon after a Very... entertained in royal style by tho citizens of both Sherman and Denison. Shad for Texas Rivers. Palestine, May

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are a couple nice pieces of local Texas history!

OP
OP
baylorhall

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preview

Here is what I found on the Hotel's demise.

Sequence: 1

... immediately for her bedside. Mrs. Kubauk is near eighty years of age. Sues Railroad for 950,000.Sherman... fire that has occurred in this town was discovered Wednesday morning at 3:45 o'clock in the Frisco... Hotel, and as it was beyond control when discovered it soin burned to the ground, with but few of tho... hem i*n. The Texas Bankers Association which met in Sherman adjourned Wednesday at noon after a Very... entertained in royal style by tho citizens of both Sherman and Denison. Shad for Texas Rivers. Palestine, May
Awesome info! Must say I am very happy with my find and yours as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread