some late season finds

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
well it wont be long now until old man winter is kicking the s%!#@ out of us,but the ground is still diggable so im still at it. i went to the school where i got the wheats last week and found a bit of silver to go along with it.
1934-MERCURY DIME
1957 WHEAT PENNY
4 QUARTERS
12 DIMES
3 NICKELS
7 MEMORIAL PENNIES
and a whatzit.
i was happy to get the merc because i dont know about where you guys hunt, but around here its hard to find silver coins!i know what im gonna do this winter........find some better places to hunt and get permission set up for them.anyway............thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

hh

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver! If you get frozen in like me, then it's a great time to do some research. Winter is also a great time to see where foundations and ruins were. HH, Mike

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
...i was happy to get the merc because i dont know about where you guys hunt, but around here its hard to find silver coins!i know what im gonna do this winter........find some better places to hunt and get permission set up for them.anyway............thanks for looking.

Hey, I always consider it a great hunt if I am lucky enough to find a silver coin! Looks good. Salvage what's left of the season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread