$20,000.00 CONFEDERATE BUCKLE FOUND IN TENNESSEE

Hello there!!! I found this jewel Thursday, Nov. 17th here in Central Tennessee at a Confederate site. It is undoubtedly my best find ever!!!! I had been told the usual...that the site has been long since "hunted out". I started detecting and immediately began to find dropped William's cleaners, blank buttons, etc. Then I happened upon a hexagonal Whitworth round. I most definitely decided to concentrate my efforts in that one area of the field. After a pocketful of bullets I got a large signal with my White's XL Pro that landed the needle up around 75 on the meter. I had almost decided not to dig it because it was so loud and sounded close to the surface like some big chunks of aluminum I had been coming across in the area. But, this was a Civil War site and I knew that belt plates, especially, produced a large signal. So, I dug up a clod of soil and there it was!!! It came up with the hooks showing and I kinda stood there for a moment until it dawned on me that I was looking at a belt buckle. I turned it over and saw the CS surrounded by stars and the rest is a blur. I cannot tell you the elation I felt and I think that I walked in circles around the hole for several minutes making phone calls with my cellular before actually picking the relic up! It is a day that I will never forget. The buckle is valued in excess of $20,000.00!!!!? ;D

Attachments

• cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,869
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,871
  • cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,851
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,844
  • cs9.jpg
    cs9.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 936
  • cs10.jpg
    cs10.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 943
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find,

good luck selling it, hope you make a ton!

HH

Lonewolfe

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Awesome find :o that is one of the most valuble finds iv seen in awhile! are you planning on selling it? if its rare a museum might want it. if only we could know the story behind why it was there :-\

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any with the stars around the CS. That must make it special and worth the $$$. HH and a beauty of a find, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o :oWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :o :o :o

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats what its all about right there! just absolutly amazing! congratulations!

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archaphilius,

That's gotta be, no, that must be a top 10 find for Western & Eastern Treasure magazine! That's inspiration for a bunch of us! Congratulations!

CAP

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pull that baby out the next time someone tells you "You won't find anything here because it's been hunted before."
That is inspiration to any newcomer (or veteran for that matter) not to give up just because an area has been detected before.
Way to go!
Will you sell it or keep it?

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Arch, that one is going to be hard for anyone to beat, ever. But it will make a lot of us try harder. Congratulations on one of the most spectacular, fantastic, and unbelievable finds I have ever seen. Congrats...Lance

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
CAPs right, that is definetly a W&E treasures Best Find! i would fill out the form and have it in the book :o or you could wear it on your belt for good luck :D

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AWESOME STORY.....BEAUTIFUL BUCKLE!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!

OP
OP
archaphilius

archaphilius

Greenie
;D Continuing to thank everyone for the comments. ZEB, I love for people to tell me that a place is "hunted out"!!! It always means that there is something good there. LOL Jakephelps...I have thought about wearing it! Just kidding...Thanks!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS!!
That is an awesome find!!!!

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Well alright--that's what I call a great day. WTG. Again, as we've heard it before, "It's never hunted out." You've got the proof. Congrats on a truely great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread