Some nice German military relics today and a few other finds...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out this afternoon for about 2.5 hours with Florian, a detecting friend who lives close by. He just bought a new detector, a Gmax II XP made in France. It is a nice lightweight machine but he paid big $$$ for it and they did give him a good trade in on his White’s Prizm IV. We weren’t finding much until it started to rain, LOL! I found a nice hot spot that gave up several military relics in a 20’X20’ area but they were deep. The grass field was saturated with water and the holes were filling up fast, the mud was sloppy like goop. Florian cracked a funny joke and said he was digging a pond so I added if he didn’t find anything maybe he will catch some fish, had to be there, LOL! Florian found an old brooch and two WWII zinc coins, he was digging everything trying to figure out his new detector. I was lucky and found some swastikas. Here’s the finds. A few relics, zinc button, part of a brooch with pin intact, a nice button with an old style eagle until I found it, nicked it, sob! A heavy disc that may have been a brooch, looks like it had a pin on the reverse. A harness ring and a zinc WWII 1 Pfennig coin in poor condition.
10Feb07relics.jpg

Obverse of a fair condition 1851 Austrian ½ Kreuzer coin.
10Feb071851O.jpg

Reverse of the 1851.
10Feb071851R.jpg

This pin made my day better, second one I have found, is missing the pin on the reverse. Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei / NSDAP / Nazi Party.
10Feb07NSDAPpin.jpg

This pin made my day! A German eagle holding a swastika. Have always wanted to find an intact pin like this and it has the mounting pins intact as well. Made of aluminum, to bad it was not silver. Right wing has a slight bend in it and a spot of rust, not complaining, just describing.
10Feb07swaseagleO.jpg

Reverse of the Nazi pins.
10Feb07swaseagleR.jpg

I’m not sure what this is but it reminds me of a military sword hangar. Has a lions head and the hook looks like a snake or swans head at the tip. Made of brass and is 9cm/3.5” wide with hook. I will have to research it. Had a great day detecting. HH, Mike
10Feb07lionhang.jpg

Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting and old, old finds as always. I know how annoying it is trying to find a target at the bottom of a hole filled with water. ::) Cool pin BTW. HH

D

dugupfinds

Used like below. These are 17th century examples (so they were used for 100s of years).

Attachments

• buckle.JPG
    buckle.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 703

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool! There are sure some good spots in Germany I guess.

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the nice examples Dugfinds and ID help! Early to mid 1800s are the most of my finds and relics and into the early 1900s. I get lucky with an occasional earlier coin or relic. HH, Mike

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I like the eagle pin the best, but they're all nice finds.

Good going!

Ridley

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, really like that pin

HH
-GC

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pins are in amazing condition. Wess Thompson found a lion buckle identical to yours here in Canada, Georgian British Royal Navy pattern...I'm sure he'll be here soon to comment. Great finds!

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Mike!

Nice buckle too...

I do in fact have a similar buckle...although it is somewhat different, and smaller. Whoops...it's posted above haha Anyhow, the buckle above is a Georgian Royal Navy Sword or Dirk belt clasp from 1812 or so.

I do have another that is much more similar to yours...only it is made of bronze I believe, rather than brass. It dates to the mid 1700's. So, as dugfinds pointed out...they were in fact used for a very long time!

Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the nice comments and ID help all! Gonna try to get back there today. HH, Mike

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike .......great finds as always! Right now we have feet of snow and very cold temps ........But at least your getting out , a little mud is ok . But when your digging in small lakes and the holes fill up with water....... thats a bummer! Great job. Guess I will go do some research!!! FOR NOW !!! ahahahahah

The Seeker

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great finds Mike and they are in such excellent condition. That Eagle pin is exceptional! Hope you can keep digging despite the rainy season. Your finds are always such an inspiration.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
Hey Mike .......great finds as always! Right now we have feet of snow and very cold temps ........But at least your getting out , a little mud is ok . But when your digging in small lakes and the holes fill up with water....... thats a bummer! Great job. Guess I will go do some research!!! FOR NOW !!! ahahahahah

The Seeker
hes back ;D

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Those are some great find's

Very Jealous!!!!!!

I collect alot of WWII memorabilia, I rarely pass up buying pin's like the one's you found.

Here's a little chart to the Nazi Party organization

NSDAPChart.jpg

If you should happen to come across any Luftwaffe items....you will be in the money!

ZoSo71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread