Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a hunt after work and went to a new spot down the road. It was a wheat penny kind of hunt as I dug nothing but them for an hour. That's when you get to thinking someone has dug nothing but the silver out. That changed when I got two wheat signals followed by a sweet 7-47 9-47 signal all in a few inches of each other. I couldn't dig fast enough to get to that high tone and was happy to see a Barber quarter down in the hole. I lucked up on two Mercs and a Rosie in the same general area. I think I dug close to 40 wheats from here and only two Memorials and zero clad which is not the normal for me. I also lucked up on a musket ball and a 3 ringer that has been sliced in half long ways. Not sure if it was done by a soldier but it's pretty cool. HH David

1907 Barber Quarter.jpg 1.jpg Sliced 3 Ringer.jpg

Upvote 21
Very nice selection of finds. Barber quarter, yeah.

Congrats and GL to you!

What a great hunt! Congratz!

Sweet Barber! And I've never seen a bullet cut like that, and I'm sure that wasn't an easy task. Makes you wonder what the original owner had in mind, but never competed. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, You gotta love a cladless site. The 3 ringer must have sheered on something is my guess. Congrats on harvesting a field of wheat and those 4 silvers. :occasion14:

Fantastic hunt....you don't really think you got it all, do you? With all the oldies and not much new, I'd be back there several times over. Especially if it was dry the first time...wait for some rain...

Thanks for sharing and HH ALL

Congrats on the silver !! But I like the bullet !!!

Looks like a typical hunt of yours Dave. Lol Killed it again!

GUY COULDVE BEEN BORED AND CUT IT - I FOUND 2 ALMOST IDENTICAL AND SAW ANOTHER GUY GET ONE ABOUT 20 YRDS FROM MINE - SOME SAY THEY THINK THEY COULDVE BEEN MADE FOR GAME PIECES :dontknow:

Thanks guys!

GUY COULDVE BEEN BORED AND CUT IT - I FOUND 2 ALMOST IDENTICAL AND SAW ANOTHER GUY GET ONE ABOUT 20 YRDS FROM MINE - SOME SAY THEY THINK THEY COULDVE BEEN MADE FOR GAME PIECES :dontknow:

That's cool y'all found those in the same area. I thought the same about it being a possible game piece. There's was a camp somewhere close to this spot that I've been trying to locate.

Great stuff man, nice group shot of the finds. Makes me want to go dig!

Here are 2 I found - like I said - another hunter got one about 20 yrds away from mine - the one with the cut side down - was cut super clean

casp01.JPG

Now that's a well rounded hunt, I absolutely love that cut 3 ringer!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back