Marinesniper

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
Arlington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was stationed in the Philippines at Clark Air Base from 1987-1990, and I can remember the stories of a hidden deuce and a half supposedly driven into a mountain cave hideout that was filled with stolen treasure that the Japanese had looted during their occupation of the Philippines. As a security policeman we had unfettered access to the base, and on many occasions would spend our "down time" while on duty searching caves on base looking for the hidden loot. I know it was never found during my time at Clark, and as the base was shut down shortly after I left I sincerely doubt anyone found it before we returned the base back to the Philippine government. On a side note, I spoke with many friends who were on duty during the whole People Power Revolution, and they told me some stories about Marcos and friends being hustled on base and quickly flown out of the Philippines along with TONS of their "personal property" in the middle of the night...It was some very interesting times in the Philippines during the early 80's and 90's...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Marinesniper

Ya properly would get on like a house on fire with hardluck as he was there is mid 1980's.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread