Some of my Ohio pipes to share

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
IMG_2889.jpg IMG_2884_1.jpg All recovered within yards of one another last century in Ohio. Two are made of Ohio pipestone and two from Illinois pipestone, just my opinion. Largest is 4" smallest is 2 5/8". All extremely rare and beautiful. Thought I would share, I post on the metal detecting side of this site, but I like to post on this side too when it's worthy.

Attachments

• prtsmth.jpg
    prtsmth.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Upvote 0

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
All recovered within yards of one another last century in Ohio. Two are made of Ohio pipestone and two from Illinois, just my opinion. Largest is 4" smallest is 2 5/8". All extremely rare and beautiful. Thought I would share, I mostly post on the metal detecting side of this site.

KiLLeR pIpEs! ! ! I haven't been detecting lately. Trying to get the nerve to detect Inwood Park believe it or not but that might require a concealed carry permit. Have you been finding any nice coins lately?

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Hey whats up Rob. If you want to go to Inwood Park I can pretty much get a security detail. I cycle with a couple OTR cops and know them well. That would be a great place to hunt too. We'll get Jon to come along. I have been killing it lately with detecting. Found my first 1877 IH a few weeks ago, bunches of IH's and barbers along the Little Miami RR east of Milford (woods different spot than the 1877). A matter of fact, just today I received an awesome lead on a field in Brown County. My plumber (friend too) told me of a cornfield where he and his brother found 5 or 6 Largies and a couple of early silvers on the surface while just horsing around (whats underneath???). I have permission on that field and I think we could have a field day, no pun.

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Hey whats up Rob. If you want to go to Inwood Park I can pretty much get a security detail. I cycle with a couple OTR cops and know them well. That would be a great place to hunt too. We'll get Jon to come along. I have been killing it lately with detecting. Found my first 1877 IH a few weeks ago, bunches of IH's and barbers along the Little Miami RR east of Milford (woods different spot than the 1877). A matter of fact, just today I received an awesome lead on a field in Brown County. My plumber (friend too) told me of a cornfield where he and his brother found 5 or 6 Largies and a couple of early silvers on the surface while just horsing around (whats underneath???). I have permission on that field and I think we could have a field day, no pun.

Not much buddy, I would love to do that before it gets too cold with you & Jon. I have a plan, we head there with detectors in hand sporting Obama T-shirts and we'll have no hassles. I still can't get pinpointing down on my Minelab like I could w/my old White's and I waste a lot of time recovering coins, so I find less even though the Explorer is way deeper. I need lessons from you & Jon. I'll be in touch, that Brown Co. field sounds untouched, I wonder if it was a fairground or picnic spot? Check your messages.

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
I have only found 3 or 4 nine inch plus coins. I don't think it realy matters. What matters is discrimination. I walked over that 1877 50 times. It was 3 inches from a ball of detererioted mass of iron gunk. I thought you had an Etrac? It's the same as an explorer with a tad faster processor. You should be fine.

Last edited:

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
I have only found 3 or 4 nine inch plus coins. I don't think it realy matters. What matters is discrimination. I walked over that 1877 50 times. It was 3 inches from a ball of detererioted mass of iron gunk. I thought you had an Etrac? It's the same as an explorer with a tad faster processor. You should be fine.

PS. I have an Obama Tee, it shows him as black as night smoking a doobie (his face). Just under his chin it says "I SUCK". I wore it in the Clifton Skyline two weeks ago and some dude bumped up against me hard and called me an idiot. My boys: one black ex NBA (republican) and two of his white friends stood up and told him to scoot. Jamie, dirk and Edward are 6' 5". I love having big friends

I have the Explorer SE w/the stock coil. I love the story and want the shirt. It is a real photo, I have seen it. Keep wearing that shirt! :) But not to the park, lol.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you really have to use your cwp to hunt there? Everyone here is doing open carry. I am on 2 civil war sites right now. Trying to get the new F75 to work its magic. Nothing but enfields and 3 ringers. Good luck with your hunts.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone here is just strapping on and open carrying in Tennessee even though some get their cwp. Even in the grocery store. Cops are not complaining. Saw a guy with Ala tags get out of his car in Tn with a nice colt 45. We have agreements with surrounding states. I think in Kennesaw Ga every citizen is required to open carry or own a firearm. The older guys tool up some nice leather with some 6 shooters and meet at Hardee's for breakfast. No stopping it now.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer Relics thanks for the look...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread