100_0055.jpg

Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Where do you get those type of frames from, I've been looking everywhere.
Thanks for sharin'

Molly.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Nice finds!! What region of Ohio are you in? Those triangles are killer. Can we see a close up pic of the side notch in the bottom pic? Is it Carter Cave?
Chuck

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
Really have put a very good collection together. I noticed you have some so-called blunts. What is your thoughts of these? Are they just broken knives converted to scrapers? Happy to hear anyones thinks.

Shemanese

Jun 23, 2008
Those triangles are killer. I was told all the arrowheads in this part of Ohio look like that. The notched points were Spear Points. I just found a triangle in my neighbors yard. His wife has it in a display case of things found on their property. They're pleased. Nice case of points. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
stonecracker59

stonecracker59

Aug 31, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello Molly I got the frames years from a guy that ran a small artifact store,I think you may be able to get them at a hobby and crafts store try hobby lobby or primitive arts store

Howard :)

OP
OP
stonecracker59

stonecracker59

Aug 31, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello gilmerman they may have been broken points but show deffenent worked edge converted to hafted scrapers ther are many different oppinions on this subject but they were recylers

OP
OP
stonecracker59

stonecracker59

Aug 31, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello ohio I am in NE part where Ironton, Ashland,and Huntington come together on the Ohio River my town is Raceland Ky.

OP
OP
stonecracker59

stonecracker59

Aug 31, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello sheminese not all are side notched we find adena some fort ancient dovetail a pretty much a wide varioty of points lot of indian activiteyin this area of the ohio valley.

Howard

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love those triangles! That large side notch near the bottom would make me fall over when I found it!! Nice stuff and thanks for sharing.
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread