507.2 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
Upvote 15

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet he ain't anymore! He'd be retired now considering the age & condition of his tools.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Those Smith & Wesson cuffs?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! I found the key to those cuffs this year!...let me know if you need the key.

OP
OP
Backbeatkeeper

Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow! What an awesome find! Is there a badge number on the badge, you could look up?

Badge is number 19. I'm going to call the college from where the badge was made for and ask around.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
RCC Link

His name was Beck. (or a derivative thereof)

Nice find.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me! At the end of the movie "Dirty Harry", Clint Eastwood's character threw his badge into some pond somewhere. Anyone care to research that one!? LOL

Nice!

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No cop would throw away his badge and cuffs. If they belonged to a security guard maybe, but a sworn police officer can't because the badge and cuffs are agency property and must be returned to the department. These could very well be stolen, and if so, the badge number and cuff serial numbers have been entered into the NCIC data base. I would contact the agency that's shown on the badge and tell them about your find. You might help to solve a crime.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were probably dropped by an undercover during a foot chase or scuffle. Sure bet he had some splainin to do to the WC!! Not to mention the hours of paperwork.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Cool find!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs!!!!! Badge should shine up!!!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the recovery. Both are legit department issued equipment. Without even seeing the back of the badge I can tell you it is an Entenmann or Sun badge. Return it to the the RCCPD and be a hero! They could be stolen and dumped property also, and as mentioned before, already entered in to the stolen property system of NCIC. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Y
I see the link you posted but where did you find the name?

It's on the right cuff.

We always put our names on the cuff's so when arresting multiple innocent victims at one time, and then transported to the detention facility by someone else, we would get our handcuffs back.

That was back in the day when we had to buy our own. It sucked to buy a nice pair of Peerless or S&W's and get some off brand junk back from the transporting officer.

RTH

Sep 22, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, White's MXT, Minelab EQ800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No cop would throw away his badge and cuffs. If they belonged to a security guard maybe, but a sworn police officer can't because the badge and cuffs are agency property and must be returned to the department. These could very well be stolen, and if so, the badge number and cuff serial numbers have been entered into the NCIC data base. I would contact the agency that's shown on the badge and tell them about your find. You might help to solve a crime.

I would contact my local PD if the agency from the badge isn't local. If the badge was entered NCIC, any PD could access that information. Badges today are tightly regulated and any unaccounted for would be entered mostly likely along with a brief description of the circumstances surrounding the loss/theft. Police Officer deaths and shootings have only recently become a national media topic. Dozens of Officers are killed in the line of duty every year, most don't make it past the local news reports.

There is a chance that you may have stumbled across evidence that can help solve a crime and bring a suspect to justice. Then again, could be just an awesome find.

As a retired officer, I would be very interested in how it plays out. Message me if you have any questions or if I can help in any way.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interestingly (to me anyway) is that the seal depicted on the badge is not the same seal as any of the several varieties of official California State seals.
The one on the badge still features Minerva (the Roman goddess of wisdom), and a grizzly bear at her feet.
But the # of stars is different. The sun peeking over the mountains in the background is different, as well as several other discrepancies.

What's strange is I've seen this seal before.
I'm sure it's fairly modern, but not sure which agencies use it, whether it is "official", who designed it, etc...

BTW: The various California seal designs seem to change to keep up with the times.
For example, sailing ships being replaced by steam ships.
Minerva on the other hand, must have some really good skin cream 'cause she doesn't seem to have aged one bit!

Nice find.
I'm sure you can still buy keys online for the cuffs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread