Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update.....called the college police dept. last night and told them of my find. Got a call this morning from the officer who the items belonged to. He was a victim of a home burglary around 94-95. Along with the items I found, a rifle and a shotgun were also stolen. The shotgun was found not too long after the burglary about 10-12 miles east of where I found the cuffs and badge. Rifle has never been found. I will be returning them this week.

OP
OP
Backbeatkeeper

Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also as a note the officers last name was Beckham and he is still employed by the college.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet I know who dropped that stuff...

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 108

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a photo of Officer Beckham and yourself when you return the items. I will nominate you for a GRAND Honorable Mention! Great job, Sub 8-)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll second the nomination.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Update.....called the college police dept. last night and told them of my find. Got a call this morning from the officer who the items belonged to. He was a victim of a home burglary around 94-95. Along with the items I found, a rifle and a shotgun were also stolen. The shotgun was found not too long after the burglary about 10-12 miles east of where I found the cuffs and badge. Rifle has never been found. I will be returning them this week.

I would think that a call to the local news would be in order.

It's a good story, and it will really help our hobby.

Please, give your local station a call. I'm certain they will be interested in the story.

OP
OP
Backbeatkeeper

Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I took the stuff back. The LEO whose badge and cuffs I found was not able to meet with me as he worked in a different city and schedules could not permit a meeting. However, I did meet with an officer and a Sgt. of the college and got a picture of me returning the items to the officer on duty.

I thought about calling the local paper, but I don't see a real interest in this story as it stood. Funny side note, I work in the HVAC field and did a service call for a customer I've been to many times servicing their equipment. Told her about the badge and cuffs and she laughed. Turns out she was married to the LEO's brother. She said she's gonna give him heck about the badge when she sees him during Christmas.

image.jpeg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear Moderators,

I'd like to see this fella get his Honorable Mention award for this fine piece of work and helping to promote our hobby.

Regards

OP
OP
Backbeatkeeper

Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw, shucks. Thanks for the nomination and kudos!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding job! People like you helps our passion be looked at in a very positive light.
Best of luck out there!

jsbelljr83

Greenie
Dec 12, 2015
Pasadena, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those S&W cuffs go back to the early 80's, I had several sets when I was a cop back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread