spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should re-size those pictures. You can do it on lunapic.com for free.. Re-size, save to luna account, then hit code, copy forum :thumbsup:

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hollywood Cemetery. Been there many times. To me, the best memorial is JEB Stuart's. My g-g-grandfather may be buried there. Unknown from Seven Pines.
Mike

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Thanks for the information, Mike.

I hope your g-g-granddad is there, or in some other place of honor. Those folks deserve it! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

My own g-g-grandpaw made it through till the end and died in 1912, aged 76 years, I believe he was.

He was a Confederate with Vaughn's Third Mounted Infantry, later consolidated into Lilliard's 3rd M.I. That unit literally saw it all.

I didn't aim to hijack your post Rooter. Really great post, for sure! :thumbsup:

Sky Pilot

OP
OP
Rooter

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Yes it's Hollywood Cemetery. Sorry about the size! We visited it after going to the Museum of the Confederacy and the White house. Thanks Sky Pilot, I'm glad you like them. The sad thing is that the cemetery runs next to a busy road where the serenity and solemnness of the solders final resting place is disturbed by thumping of bass and rap music. I also visited Fort Sumter ans Gettysburg in the same road trip. I'll post some more pix when I get a few minutes.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
You're very welcome, Rooter! :thumbsup:

I can never get the sizing right myself, I think you did a great job.

That is too bad about the noise and crap so near a cemetery, those soldiers should get the respect they deserve!

I am eager to see the other pictures, Rooter!! Thank you for posting them! :thumbsup:

Sky Pilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions