some retard salting beaches with cut up pennies -- reports of quartered pennies

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I got a report from a freind of mine -- of chopped up pennies being salted on the ship wreck site below fort piece known as "gold / colored beach" -- anyone else hear of similar things happenng else where? -- darn anti treasure hunter tricks --or a real jerk hunter with very selective discrimainating ability --- either way if caught this person should be charged with "harrassing" the normal detector folks who want nothing more than to try to find a bit of treasure.

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
of chopped up pennies being salted on colored beach

can you give a little more detail about it? I'd been detecting for many years on beaches and I'd seen twisted pennies and some people tell me about "Witchcraft" for some women. Like I said 'people said'. ???

colored beach

Colored beach? or colored bleach? ???
Amona

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
witchcraft, voodoo, root magick, twisted pennies.. am sorry but I have never heard of that in any occult religion. And I am well versed in pagan religions as well.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
this topic has voodoo all over her, every time i try to post ,some purveyor of snake oil changes it! but enough of that witchcraft!/ mombojumbo. Pegleg said he was paid to spread cut nails on the treasure coast back in the day? b

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Bootybay, i would like to drink some rum with you that ain't never been in no pipes!!!!!!!! :tongue3: booty and i have come to an understanding on this post. ps the offer still stands! :thumbsup: b

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bucketofguts said:
Bootybay, i would like to drink some rum with you that ain't never been in no pipes!!!!!!!! :tongue3:

lol whats does that mean, you lost me on that one..

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
the area is where a known 1715 era shipwreck site (just below fort pierce) that is called gold / colored beach for two reasons --the large amount of gold coins found at the site and the fact that in the old days it was where most of the local black people swam at .

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
Ivan

I knew many people that use coins to dump it to the seashore for superstitious reasons trying to get something in what they believe. i.g. on day a cops came to me to ask me if I could use my MD in the police academy at the backyard of that academy because He lost his plaque and that"plaque" it was prepared in voodoo works to save his life in the call of duty,...do you believe?

Believe or not I was approached for many peoples to do many kind jobs related with metal detecting.

Amona

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
Most likely the cause of the twisted pennies is because the devils triangle is near by.Stranger things have happened before.

The Devil always will be around of the human kind.

Amona

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
most voodoo coins are put in whole --not chopped up -- sounds like a case of "black voodoo magic" alright to me ---as in make the other detector folks go away from "my" area or make all the detector folk leave the area peroid cuz their PO ed that the areas messed up

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: some retard salting beaches with cut up pennies -- reports of quartered penn

#1 copper is worth well over $3.50 a lb.Since the pennies are mutilated they are now legally scrap.go get em ivan.the scrap could pay for part of your fuel to get there.just make your you find them all so when i go down there i wont find any. 8)

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yeh but even so as cut up scrap they might think you did it --most likely its crappy new zinc cents --not good pre 82 copper to boot

Ramitt

Jul 24, 2007
seems like there would be a simpler item to use to salt a beach than cutting up pennies.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
true theres easier items to "salt" with but most items like BB's or alumium bits are easily filtered out thru "disc"---copper is not so easy to filter out

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
I really can't fathom anyone going through the trouble of sifting through their penny collection, pulling out just the coppers, cutting them in half and then salting a public beach that has been metal detected for 40 years. ::)

Most Treasure Coast beach hunters dig everything anyway (there are some really cool iron shipwreck artifacts to be found) and don't discriminate at all.

The bits of iron at the Colored Beach site (Douglass Beach), from the salvage barge Dee-Gee breaking apart, are more of a problem.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
which 1715 shipwrecks are associated with Douglass beach? i am working from mr. Wellers' "Shipwrecks Near Wabasso Beach". thank you for your time! b

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is allegedly the Nieves.

It is not listed in the "Shipwrecks Near Wabasso Beach" book.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Ivan
I just found some on Cocoa Beach yesterday.(at the pier) What the?
Kind of far from there huh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread