Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel bad for the people who are furloughed. It is irrelevant if their jobs are actually needed when it comes to suddenly having income source shut down. Their families are directly effected. If government scalebacks are needed it should be declared in advance and incrementally so people can find new jobs.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I feel bad for the people who are furloughed. It is irrelevant if their jobs are actually needed when it comes to suddenly having income source shut down. Their families are directly effected. If government scalebacks are needed it should be declared in advance and incrementally so people can find new jobs.

Find new jobs ... where? Unemployment effectively over 15% when you include the folks who have given up looking for work, or whose unemployment insurance has run out ... Where are they gonna find these "new jobs"?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Crispins back! Good to see you here buddy!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Chadeaux,

We are too far apart ideologically to discuss anything even remotely policital. Thus, I will not be responding to any of your questions or statements. However, I am an avid NFL fan and would be happy to discuss, argue, or debate why my Redskins are doing so poorly this year.

Crispin

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Worldtalker,
Don't know if you have seen this but thought you might be interested in it.

Gov't Shutdown Science: Why Human Nature Is to Blame

Crispin,

You could have warned me about Nancy,I can hear her saying, The Boogy Man Cometh! I see Human Nature in a Fallen State,a far cry from what we should be,or what we were Created to be. Self Governed. I guess being a Polititian you can fool people into believing ANYTHING you want. Who was it that said, when you lie,lie big,the bigger the lie the more people will believe it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember to keep politics out of this thread, posts containing politics will be deleted....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would like to know how in the H-E-double hockey sticks what I said is in ANY WAY political?

I stated a fact. Effective unemployment rate is quite high at over 15%. That is a fact. That does not blame anyone or any party or any office.

The sky is blue, grass is green and unemployment is VERY HIGH.

He asked why they didn't have a lead time so they could find other work. I said "what jobs" only because there are none to speak of, otherwise we wouldn't have such high unemployment.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know how in the H-E-double hockey sticks what I said is in ANY WAY political?

I stated a fact. Effective unemployment rate is quite high at over 15%. That is a fact. That does not blame anyone or any party or any office.

The sky is blue, grass is green and unemployment is VERY HIGH.

He asked why they didn't have a lead time so they could find other work. I said "what jobs" only because there are none to speak of, otherwise we wouldn't have such high unemployment.

Chad before you burst a blood vessel my post was suppose to go in another thread, don't know how it ended up in this one.....:confused:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry, TH, my question wasn't directed to you ... in fact, I didn't even see your post until after I had responded.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, TH, my question wasn't directed to you ... in fact, I didn't even see your post until after I had responded.

No problem I stumbled on thread saw my post and thought how the heck it got her, it was suppose to be in a different thread, then saw your post...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if any furloughed gov employee has ever actually not been paid.

My fearless senator said our state always sdoes it and is trying to make points that he is a good guy!
I can hear the chants already.
No missed pay, when do we want it? NOW.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux,

We are too far apart ideologically to discuss anything even remotely policital. Thus, I will not be responding to any of your questions or statements. However, I am an avid NFL fan and would be happy to discuss, argue, or debate why my Redskins are doing so poorly this year.

Crispin
Yes, my poor Redskins. :BangHead: We can't blame the Gov. shutdown on their lackluster performance thus far. Many problems on both sides of the ball.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispy? Here? Cmon bud let's have a Landshark!( has to be a Florida favorite by now!)

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had 4 job interviews this week for crappy min wage jobs. All seemed like KGB interrogations then am I qualified interviews lol. All that was missing was the electrodes.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Them that are layed off will be able to draw unemployment for 2 years, and unemployment is darn near full wage, and when they
go back to work they are going to get their back pay. That's what happened last time. It's all just BS. Don't watch TV news, instead get out and find some more pull tabs, you will live longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread