Some take this hobby too seriously ?

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see threads were guys go for each others throats over brand X detector, and it's merits or lack of. Really guys (and gals), who cares. It's just a hobby, one of many. I find that my interests, while often dovetailing, transition with the seasons. And that there are SO MANY interesting things to do in this life, that gutting some guy over his choice of metal detector seems such a waste of energy.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You probably drive a Ford................................Chevy's are the best!!! lol I don't get it either, HH

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam glad somebody brought that up.Not just here but all around.I see people post sometimes like they are ready to fist fight because they think their brand and model because of price and bells and whistles is better than every one elses.I don't thimk the forum was started to bash each other.Its is so we can talk to and help each other by giving tips and advice and enjoy seeing the finds that others make.But think god everybody does not think like that.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Ego always gets in the way. I have learned to just hit the brakes and move on. Trying to always be better or own something better cam drain the soul.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ego always gets in the way. I have learned to just hit the brakes and move on. Trying to always be better or own something better cam drain the soul.

Oh, I see. So now your soul's better then mine! Well, can your's discriminate? :laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I have to say, NWMP....is that your avatar makes me smile:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably drive a Ford................................Chevy's are the best!!! lol I don't get it either, HH
Everyone knows Chevy's rule, brunettes are better than blondes, Budweiser sucks, Samsung makes the best TVs, Yamaha the best stereos, Canon the best cameras, Boxers are the best dogs, Amazon's the best parrots and last but not least my detector is better than anyone else's.

Last edited:

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my god is better than your god.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ego always gets in the way.

Many people will staunchly defend their choices just because they never want to admit that they made a poor choice to begin with. :dontknow:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people will staunchly defend their choices just because they never want to admit that they made a poor choice to begin with. :dontknow:

I've made bad choices but never poor ones. Believe me, whenever I've made a bad choice I've always sunk all of my money into it. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my god is better than your god.

........and I agree with you completely....................unless, of course, you happen to be a democrat.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord, now I'm thinking about all of the bad choices I've made in my life and I've actually become quite depressed. So much for this day! :laughing7:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7:That's why I love my wife!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just for the record, investing in that pool of youth in the north pole wasn't a bad choice, they just never found it!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see threads were guys go for each others throats over brand X detector, and it's merits or lack of. Really guys (and gals), who cares. It's just a hobby, one of many. I find that my interests, while often dovetailing, transition with the seasons. And that there are SO MANY interesting things to do in this life, that gutting some guy over his choice of metal detector seems such a waste of energy.

Just don't buy any detector that starts with an X. :)

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet my high dollar machine will find more pop tabs than the one you got at Walmart.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone knows Chevy's rule, brunettes are better than blondes, Budweiser sucks, Samsung makes the best TVs, Yamaha the best stereos, Canon the best cameras, Boxers are the best dogs, Amazon's the best parrots and last but not least my detector is better than anyone else's.

This reminds me about the time that I almost got punched in the nose. This fellow bought a Ford truck, all tricked out the way guys that live in the country love their trucks, 4x4, heavy duty tires, diesel, shiny black, really a pretty truck. He pulls up and parks, and I say, "Man that's a pretty truck, too bad it's a Ford." I had a time convincing him I was just joking.:dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be pretty boring if it was all hugs and butterflies...as long as no rules are broken I don't see a problem with heated discussions...The moderators do a great job of keeping everything under control...I dont see how people can get offended by someone they don't even know...Im sure Ive offended someone with this post. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread