some Vaquero Questions

skyboy09

Apr 1, 2009
I had a couple of unexplained situations happen when I was doing some relic hunting with my Vaquero today. I ground balanced it perfectly, set the sensitivity to 10, and got a really strong signal. I dug and dug and isolated a fistfull of dirt in my hand which kept beeping, so I kept halfing the pile; I eventually got down to having a few grains of dirt in my hand (it was clayish material i was hunting in) and it kept making a signal; i didn't find anything, not even any mineralized stones that might set it off. It even sounded when I was passing my bare hand underneath the coil after discarding the dirt in my hand. First time this has happened and I've never had any problems hunting with a sensetivity this high before.
This same day, the treshold tone that comes up in all metal mode started sounding in 3 different ways. I put in a different battery which was virtually new and it did the same thing a couple of times before making the normal threshold sound again. It did this inside a forest in the countryside where I was relic hunting, so there were no electrical interferences for miles.
any ideas on what could be the matter; perhaps the unit itself?
Many thanks,

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check the coil connection at the box, make sure no pins are broken or loose.

Also try removing your scuff cover and see it that helps. The detector will hit very tiny objects but you should be able to see them. Ive found bits of aluminum that took some hunting to locate. I hunt beaches so I expect earrings and such to come up thats why I check so closely.

Did you get the unit wet? that can make electronics perform strangely.

try another coil also.

those are all the ideas I can think of right now.

HH
Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions