Super Lobo Question

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I don't have a lobo, But since nobody has replied I will.

From what I have read, the lobo is a very good detector. The owners manual is your first resource for information. Read it and do everything it says.

Practice. Experience is the best advice.

There is going to be trash every where you hunt. Some places more than others.

Be sure you're not using it in all metal. If so it will find everything metal.

Take some of the metal you are finding and do a test. As you run the coil over each item, thumb your disc and see where it disc's out. Mark where each item disc's out.

If you are digging iron, don't worry, Tesoro's love iron. This is not a bad thing. You need to get iron out of the way. Not only iron but large metal of any kind. I can assure you, you will dig far more trash than you ever will treasure.

The higher you set the sensitivity the more trash you will find, but you will also find smaller items considered treasure.

Don't give up. Time and practice makes perfect.

As I said, I don't own a lobo but some day I hope to. It is one of the best metal detectors ever made.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if I can help further.

Randy

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HI Kilnmaint.
I have used a super traq for many moons. It is a great detector and is one of the best auto ground trackers in the business.
As a Relic Hunter you will most likely be searching for small items such as buttons,bullets,coins and old broaches etc.
The standard elliptical coil that is supplied with the LST is OK for relic hunting, but if you intend to search large areas then maybe a 12 inch coil would be usefull.
If you are serious about your relic hunting then use the All Metal Mode and be sure the detector is ground balanced correctly.
If there is a lot of trash in the ground then you might consider using the Disc Mode, but if you do, then do not use more than a setting of 2 or 2.5, this will allow you to miss some small iron trash items but still detect lead, brass and coins etc, but remember that even a small amount of Disc dialed in will cause you to miss small gold items.
As a Relic Hunter I strongly suggest that you use as little discrimination as possible and DIG ALL targets.
Be sure the Lobo is ground balanced before selecting the Disc Mode.
If the detector is sounding off in disc mode because of ground mineralization then wind the sensitivity down until it runs smoothly. Even at a sensitivity setting of 3 or 4 the Lobo will still get good depth .
Cheers,
Jackinthebox

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The LOBO was designed for a specific type of metal detecting.
If you dealer sold you that machine to hunt coins in parks then he did not do you any favors.

However, if you are hunting relics then get used to digging iron and other metal trash.
That is what relic hunting is all about ... digging up scraps of metal from bygone days.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Willee said:
If you dealer sold you that machine to hunt coins in parks then he did not do you any favors.

However, if you are hunting relics then get used to digging iron and other metal trash.
That is what relic hunting is all about ... digging up scraps of metal from bygone days.
I know ones that hunt with the LOBO Super Traq and it is a good coin detector i don't know what this Willee is talking about but you have a good one of the best Gold detectors and also a very good Coin & Jewelry detector if you know some one that hunts coins & jewelry with one ask them they sure will tell you diffrent than this guy Willee

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Jim_K said:
Willee said:

I know ones that hunt with the LOBO Super Traq and it is a good coin detector i don't know what this Willee is talking about but you have a good one of the best Gold detectors and also a very good Coin & Jewelry detector if you know some one that hunts coins & jewelry with one ask them they sure will tell you diffrent than this guy Willee

Agreed...It's all in the hands of the user. Get some time under your belt with the lobo. It's a great detector. If anyone wants to contradict this, take a look at the finds they're making in the UK with this machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions