Some Wheat, Some silver a medal and some junk...

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Baldingboy and I snuck out last night for a 3 hour tour, no wait a 3 hour hunt, yeah that's it a 3 hour hunt.

We went back to the last house we had hunted because we felt pretty good about the site. Actually BB cried for 4 straight days because just ONE time I managed to find something better than he found! So after he pouted and told me he wasn't going to be my friend anymore I gave in and told him we would go back. Good thing we did!

I couldn't get the EX II to work. I mean it was just plain going nuts and I was quickly losing all the benefits of the medications and therapy I have been receiving. I was looking for a tree, old person or little kid to wrap it around when BB says to me "Hey look a MERC"! That tore it I was done with the BEAST. HE found a really nice MERC too. Just as I was about to beat BB to death with the beast and hopefully destroy it in the process I got a good reading and pulled out the first thing that I think is some kind of copper makeup compact? Then in the same hole I pulled out the second one. After cleaning it I found "Spring Maid Hand Made Wolff-Wilson??? Whatever was in it was still in it I think.

I then found the Military button but the back is missing and the piece that says solid brass. I didn't get a pic of the backside but it is part of a dress uniform belt buckle that goes to a web type belt. I worked really hard for another hour and just couldn't get the beast to settle down. I reset the thing 5 times and finally it started working like it is supposed to. Found a wheat and some clad.

Moved around a little and then pulled the Football Medal. My father-in-law says he thinks it's from the late 50s early 60s. He is a former football coach. Then I found an ear ring and a marble laying right on top of the ground.

I was getting a little discouraged and was about to call it a night when I got another good signal and pulled a 1919 wheat, a 1964 Rosie, and 4 copper pennies from one hole!!! Man what a night. Then the guy that lives next door came out and wondered if he needed to run away since it was 9:30 at night and two crazy guys were out looking for a gas leak! We explained that we were looking for coins and such and he was a little less worried.

Anyway it was a fun hunt and we found some good stuff again.
Thank for reading...

Attachments

• stuff1.JPG
    stuff1.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 659
  • clad.JPG
    clad.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 650
  • hinged.JPG
    hinged.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 644
  • yuk.JPG