Some Wives get it,and Some Dont!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some Wives get it,and Some Don't!

I've been lucky to have a wife that supports me,(and all my crazy hobbies). When I need another gadget,she just say's go ahead and order it,if you need it!:thumbsup: She also "saves" us money by buying things on sale! She just got another necklace that was 2200.00,but was marked down 300.00! So she saved (us) 300.00 dollars by buying it! (smart girl)!:laughing7: Some of my friends aren't so lucky though! Their wives can set there and watch them suffer,using equipment that has been obsolete for at least a week,and want to spend the money on stupid things like,shoes for the kids,or maybe even a "second" dress!??? My ace in the hole is,I use the "sad puppy face"(works every time) when I want something! It's worked for years!:thumbsup: She Oh no,------she's looking over my sholder as I type this--------------Gotta go!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol...awesome!

she have a single sister?

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years back, whenever I'd buy a new toy, she would always complain.."Why do you always have to get the best" .
Finally getting tired of hear that same ole, same ole, I told her one day when she complained about me getting the best. "Well I got you! didn't I?"

She never complained again, because she now understands my line of reasoning:occasion14:

Roy

sarabesh21

Jul 27, 2013
New Enterprise, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a wife and I get it ;) I get more excited about metal detecting than my husband most days! lol

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a wife and I get it ;) I get more excited about metal detecting than my husband most days! lol

Hummm! Mine did too at first, until it became an obsession :) Glad you enjoy it so much!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL!!! Hey, Mr rks, You missed your calling, you should have been in stand up comedy!!! I almost threw out a mouth full'a oatmeal onto the computer screen! Way funnier than that "Git'er done" guy. :notworthy: ...Second dress? ...That's a hoot!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL!!! Hey, Mr rks, You missed your calling, you should have been in stand up comedy!!! I almost threw out a mouth full'a oatmeal onto the computer screen! Way funnier than that "Git'er done" guy. :notworthy: ...Second dress? ...That's a hoot!
Yup! you gotta watch them,first it's a second dress,then more than one pair of socks,next thing ya know they have more than one pair of shoes!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years back, whenever I'd buy a new toy, she would always complain.."Why do you always have to get the best" .
Finally getting tired of hear that same ole, same ole, I told her one day when she complained about me getting the best. "Well I got you! didn't I?"

She never complained again, because she now understands my line of reasoning:occasion14:

Roy
Roy,you are a silver tongued devil!:thumbsup: Why can't I think of those things!:icon_scratch: I'm not near as slick as I thought I was!:laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAWL, hilarious thread!
Start bringing them gold rings home and drop them in your wives' hands!
They'll start "getting it" REAL GOOD then, and you may too! :laughing7:

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol...awesome!

she have a single sister?
YES! And she has a triple A rating!:thumbsup: She has "A" good job,she is "A" good cook,and she is "A"vailable!:thumbsup:

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Metadyne magnet stick, Garretts pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I am starting to get it from all the good info I have been given on Treasurenet. 1 Never lye to your wife just brib her and use the sad puppy face. 2 Never kick a rattlesnake bare footed. Dont use my safari for metal detecting underwater, ( tends to void my warrantee). 4 Dont tresspass on private property that is owned by people with shot guns. 5 Dont show off your daily finds to the gang bangers on the street corner, (especially the ones with the guns in plain sight). 6.Oh and always fill in your darn holes so the next MDer doesnt break his fool neck running away from the Rottweiller that the property owner neglected to mention when he gave his permision with a big grin on his face. Thanks for all the advice I learn something new every day I read. Mahahahahaha

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I am starting to get it from all the good info I have been given on Treasurenet. 1 Never lye to your wife just brib her and use the sad puppy face. 2 Never kick a rattlesnake bare footed. Dont use my safari for metal detecting underwater, ( tends to void my warrantee). 4 Dont tresspass on private property that is owned by people with shot guns. 5 Dont show off your daily finds to the gang bangers on the street corner, (especially the ones with the guns in plain sight). 6.Oh and always fill in your darn holes so the next MDer doesnt break his fool neck running away from the Rottweiller that the property owner neglected to mention when he gave his permision with a big grin on his face. Thanks for all the advice I learn something new every day I read. Mahahahahaha
And you forgot the big one, Number 7. It's always better to ask for forgivness,than ask for permission! Just order whatever ya want,the swelling will go down in your eyes in a couple of days!:thumbsup: Of course you may still look like a raccoon,for a while,but you will have your goodies!:laughing7:

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey remind those ladies you could be out cheating, getting drunk, or gambling. Instead your playing in the dirt and mud or the sand of some beach.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess u could say im lucky & got one of the good ones mine joins in on the hobbies I do well some of them but she knows if something comes out & its a benefit in someway I get the ok in our terms what comes around goes around usually she gets something to, which is fine saves me the time of tring to hide something or think of how i can get it

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's how it works in my house...we take turns being in charge every other week. First week my wife gets to pick where she wants to eat, Then the next week I get to pick where she wants to eat.

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I kinda leave the minor decisions to my wife like buying a new car or investments in realestate properties or buying gold or silver. I on the other hand make all the major decisions like which brand of bread we eat or what type of water filter to buy to go under the sink. I wear the pants in my home,,, she just tells me which pair! Oh and if by chance she is reading this post, I love you snuggums... LOL

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I kinda leave the minor decisions to my wife like buying a new car or investments in realestate properties or buying gold or silver. I on the other hand make all the major decisions like which brand of bread we eat or what type of water filter to buy to go under the sink. I wear the pants in my home,,, she just tells me which pair! Oh and if by chance she is reading this post, I love you snuggums... LOL

Hahaha

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rks1949! All of you guys Really Crack Me Up!! Fantastic Knowledge and I can only see how Ya'll-that's Southern for all of you, have managed to train the Ladies so well!! I cannot miss the next post, I may need it for my repitore!! Thanks for the Great Insight!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup! There's ONLY ONE rooster in this hen house!:thumbsup:

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rks do you know him personally?? LOLOLOL

Top Member Reactions