OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then a big DOHHHH! when I picked it up. I wonder how many people picked it up and threw it back down again before I decided to keep it. Might drop it on the office floor tommorow and watch people dive for it, lol!

Attachments

• DSCN1202.JPG
    DSCN1202.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 690

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
return the favor, have 20 pizzas delivered for them to pay on delivery ;) .

Dave... Dave's not here ;D , ( the heck with dave, where's cousin Red 8) )

49er it's a Cheech and Chong movie reference

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
I got one of those once that had a religous statement on the other side. Thought it was kind of ironic to tick someone off, and then say, "hey, come to our church." I should have gone to the church and put that fake money in the offering plate. :-X ::)

Dudes

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
In high school we photo copied a few dollars on a regular black and white copier and soaked them in green food coloring and then in tea for a few days to give it a worn out look. We would lay it in the lunch room and watch how fast people would put the brakes on to snag it up. It was a good time. It was really cool when someone noticed it from far away and would wade through all the people and never take their eyes off of it.

Dudes

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a bunch of pranksters on this website. Sniff (eyes tearing up)!! My kind of people!!!! :o

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a lady down the block that likes to hand out "twenties" on halloween. They are folded in half and when opened reveals a religious message. The kids can't stand it!!

N

NC Barefoot2

Unlike someone else, we didn't see that kind of money when I was in High School! Gas was expensive though, 29 Cents per gallon. Now, back to the big 10. Tie a string on the corner of it and put it under the desk, etc. When they reach down to grab, pull the string. Lots of fun! If you don't tie something to it, you will lose it for sure. Great find and I know it must of made your day.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
ok so some of us on the chat channel took turns calling # and leaving stupid messages, oh god we had a riot it was so funny!
Still wiping tears away

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I saw a nickel one time with a nail attached to one side so you could nail it to a wooden floor and watch people try to pick it up. You can also glue a quarter to the concrete with epoxy and watch the madness. We used to take an old purse and tape a dollar hanging half out and put it on a string. Lay it in the road at night and when people drive by it you yank it and then watch them drive in circles looking for it. All in fun and nobody gets hurt. HH.

CHRIS

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting an old torn down house site on an acreage and found a real twenty dollar bill........or at least half of one! It had been run over by a lawnmower and only half of it was found. I carried it around in my wallet for several weeks and finally took it to a bank to see if it could be cashed in. I was told I had to have both serial numbers to redeem it, but only had one. Trash! But kind of an interesting find.

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
if i'm not mistaken you get get a replacement bill for one that is torn in half as long as you have the largest half, i don't recall anything about having both serial #'s.

i thought of this post yesterday, when i found a $5.00 play money bill, while swinging an old MD at the beach.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not according to the bank. They said the bill could be shredded but as long as you could make out both serieal numbers they would replace it. The new bills have serial numbers on oposite ends.don't have any of the old ones and can't remember if they were both on the same end or not?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread