SOMEONE ORDERED A BOX OF HALVES FOR ME

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
April 8, 2011
Los Angeles, California

I’ve called a particular branch of Bank of America several times in the last six months, asking for halves. They have never had any. Earlier this week I called again and this time was told they had a $500 box available. I thought either the box had been in the vault the whole time - and the people were just too lazy to go look - or someone had recently ordered a box but failed to show up to buy it.

Today (Friday) I stopped at this bank on the way home from work and bought the box. Before I left the bank I mentioned to the (merchant) teller that I had asked about halves several times before and they never had any. Then I said I was surprised when I learned about this $500 box being available, and I asked how long the box had been at the bank. She said, “About a week.” Then she asked, “Didn’t you order it?” No.

I also asked this teller if she ever receives halves from customers. She said that she did, but they are “shipped out.” She asked for my telephone number so she could call me the next time she gets some halves. She apparently never knew anyone had been calling and asking for half-dollar coins!

The box contained a 1967 ender roll, which also contained a 1964.

The total take was:
1964 (2)
1967 (2)

I understand many folks (nation-wide) have been getting more skunk boxes in recent months. Ironically the boxes I’ve had this year have been getting a little bit better. Instead of getting a single 40% coin in each box I have been finding from 4 to 9 keepers, and a higher ratio of 90% coins. I’ve never found more than 9 silver coins in a single box.

Half-Hound 2011 Totals: 122 Halves and 19 dimes

Attachments

• LITE April 8 2011 Box.jpg
    LITE April 8 2011 Box.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
Just curious, but how did you call a branch at Bank of America. When I go to the website it has numbers for the branches, but they are all the same phone number. it is a central number that has nothing to do with the branches.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
byrne3 said:
Just curious, but how did you call a branch at Bank of America. When I go to the website it has numbers for the branches, but they are all the same phone number. it is a central number that has nothing to do with the branches.
Don't worry about the website. Look in the phone book and call each branch. That easy.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions