something everyone should know!

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is off topic and has nothing to do with metal detecting,but it does affect your wallet.I have worked in the petroleum industry for 20 + years.Gas prices should really drop in the cold climates in the wintertime ,but they dont.Every fall,pipeline terminals,where they store fuel and load the trucks,start there winter blending.This means tanker trucks are ordered,filled with ethanol,to unload into the existing gas in the storage tanks.This is called winter blending,and the states allow them to do this. They measure rvp (reid vapor pressure levels)which is the volatility of the gas. It all has to do with lighter air in the wintertime,and pollution levels.All gas has ethanol,but in winter its almost twice as much.The fuel is cut,big time.Lets say you have ten gallons of gas in a drum,1 and a half gallons of this is ethanol.The pipelines and fuel companies profit heavily off of this.Its like a ton of free money for them.Ethanol is about half the price of the gasoline. Do you see the price drop at the pump?nope.
Sorry,I just thought people should know this,as its supposed to be a big secret.I just felt like ranting this morning...:)

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I could cause this post to be pulled with a rant that would be politically incorrect and just plain political regarding this topic and the lies being fostered off on us right now. But I think I already got one thread pulled, so will shut my mouth, and that's something really hard for me to do.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Transported feederstock 80,000 barrels at a time for 20 years, some during the gas crisis of the 80s. Anything you can say about the oil companies and price fixing or gouging I'll just agree to 100%.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what?? you mean the oil companies would take advantage of we the consumers? Here I thought they were in it to make our lives easier. man, next thing you know, I'll find out that Santa isn't real.

OP
OP
racer117

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could cause this post to be pulled with a rant that would be politically incorrect and just plain political regarding this topic and the lies being fostered off on us right now. But I think I already got one thread pulled, so will shut my mouth, and that's something really hard for me to do.
Not a political post,just informational.I figured some people do not know why they dont get the gas mileage they do in the summer.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Racer117 , I believe what everyone means is , there probably isn't much anyone could say about gas companies and how they screw us at the pump , that we WOUL'NT believe . The powers to be allow it to happen because they are ALL paid off in some way .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's the icing on the cake. I have seen cost estimates of producing oil. Would you believe $5 a BARREL . Frank

STILL LIFE-0002-1.jpg

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
ESTIMATES BY COUNTRY
Saudi Arabian crude is the cheapest in the world to extractbecause of its location near the surface of the desert and thesize of the fields, which allow economies of scale.
The operating cost (stripping out capital expenditure) ofextracting a barrel in Saudi Arabia has been estimated to bearound $1-$2, and the total cost (including capital expenditure)$4-$6 a barrel.

Extraction of Iraqi oil is in theory also very cheap,although there are political and security challenges.
Industry analysts estimated total costs at between $4-6,although they said some fields could be more expensive.

In the United Arab Emirates, operating and capital costscombined were estimated to be around $7 a barrel.

Oil extraction from mature and deep water offshore fields ismuch more expensive than from the accessible hydrocarbonterritory of the Gulf.
In Nigeria, production in ultra-deep water fields can reach$30 a barrel compared with onshore costs of around $15,according to analysts.
In offshore Angola, it costs around $40 to produce onebarrel of oil (operating and capital costs), traders toldReuters.Operating and capital costs in Algeria, Iran, Libya, Omanand Qatar were all estimated to be around $10-15 a barrel.

In Kazakhstan, where reserves are big and largelyunexploited, the cost to produce a barrel for medium-sizedproducers, such as Kazakh state oil company KazMunaiGas [KMG.UL]is around $15-18, and for Kazakhstan's largest operatorTengizchevroil, it is about $10-12, the Kazakh-British Chamberof Commerce said.
Analysts said these were operating costs, probably includingtransport, as it is expensive to move the oil to distant ports.

In Venezuela, where fields tend to be mature and small andit is difficult to make new discoveries, production costs weregenerally estimated at $20 a barrel (operating and capitalcosts).
Those figures do not include the more expensive Orinoco oilfrom the country's sand deposits.
One analyst said the extraction of one barrel of Orinoco wasaround $30 (operating and capital costs).

Ecuador, where fields are also small and the distance toports add to costs, analysts pegged extraction costs at $20 abarrel.

In the mature British North Sea, where the remaining oil isdifficult to access, the industry body Oil & Gas UK said thebreak-even cost was around $50 a barrel. One analyst saidoperating and capital costs were $30-40 a barrel.The International Energy Agency (IEA) -- in its latestNovember 2008 world energy outlook -- gave the followingestimates for the all-in costs of producing oil from varioustypes of hydrocarbons in different parts of the world:
Oilfields Estimated Production /source Costs ($ 2008) Mideast/N.Africa oilfields 6 - 28 Other conventional oilfields 6 - 39 CO2 enhanced oil recovery 30 - 80 Deep/ultra-deep-water oilfields 32 - 65 Enhanced oil recovery 32 - 82 Arctic oilfields 32 - 100 Heavy oil/bitumen 32 - 68 Oil shales 52 - 113 Gas to liquids 38 - 113 Coal to liquids 60 - 113 Source: International Energy Agency World Energy Outlook 2008 (Compiled by Martina Fuchs, Christopher Johnson, Karen Norton,Joe Brock and Barbara Lewis, Editing by James Jukwey)FACTBOX-Oil production cost estimates by country | Reuters

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I just filled at BJs, regular-$3.13/gal. Diesel at another station was $3.85.
Here's another interesting fact. The United States produces and gets oil from Canada and Mexico in an amount of over 50% of what it consumes. Now if we can just open up locked Alaskan oil deposits, We can free ourselves of offshore imports. Frank

Sphere-blk copy.jpg

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And you wonder why the fat cat oil people ride around in the big gas guzzling Rolls, Bentleys and such... And why Exxon, BP and the like make huge profits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread