Something shiny from General Electric

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new park today. Acquisition: 1912. Right in the middle of the ghetto. I don't worry about people when I hunt. The digger is sharp and it isn't afraid. Pulled a lock, a $.25, 3 $.01, a screwdriver, and GE medallion.

The GE has a set screw at the top. It is very heavy. The thickness of two quarters and a dime. Too heavy for its volume to be aluminum. I am thinking it could be stainless. Hooooowever, there are too many surface mars for it to be stainless. Stainless would not so readily accept small dents and surface mars. Sooooo, I am thinking silver, buuuuut, at the same time it could be pewter. Guess I need a volume to weight formula for comparison to known metals.

Also snagged a prayer medallion. A bit bigger than a silver dollar. The obverse reads: Gold Book Partners Together For God. St. Matthew 18:19. The reverse reads: Medallion of Prayer - Keep With You 5000 W. Lovers Lane Dallas, TX. Rev. Ewing's Cathedral of Prayer.

The area is very trashy below. Very clean and prim above. Lot of stuff to find once the trash signal begin coming out. Didn't have but an hour to slam it. Just checked for the obvious today. Ahhhh. So much silver.....so little time for mining... Now the the pics. Hopefully much more will be coming my way from this location. 18 digs, 8 keepers.

Also went out tonight and scored 5 1/4s, 10 10ths, 11 1/100ths, 2 1/5ths. All from one lot.

This is all I could find about the good Rev. Ewing. http://george.loper.org/trends/2003/Apr/815.html

Thanks for looking!!

Laater...

Attachments

• TodaysDigs.jpg
    TodaysDigs.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 417
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 430
  • GeMedallion.jpg
    GeMedallion.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 406
  • PrayerObverse.jpg
    PrayerObverse.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 401
  • PrayerReverse.jpg
    PrayerReverse.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Re: Old Park.....Really old. No names due to scavengers.

Keep the medalion for luck. The screwdriver may be a sign that the site has been searched by a happier hunter from before, but who knows really?

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Old Park.....Really old. No names due to scavengers and a reeeally shiny OBJECT

Very cool finds WRFP! You always score the cool stuff. ;D

HH!
TBGO

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread