Sometimes I chat with people from all around the world....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll go to chatroulette (it's a site where you are connected to a person from a random place around the world, in a video/voice chat session). One very common thing that always comes up is our health care system. In fact, I was talking to someone in Latvia. She didn't know anything about the system in the U.S., so I asked her, "How much would you be charged if you had to have your appendix removed?". She gave a figure and said, "It's about 15 US dollars... Very expensive". I just about fainted. I explained to her that something like that in the states would be much, much higher even if you had 'health insurance'. She was amazed! But, I find this same attitude all around the world.

I also told someone in Romania (if I remember correctly) about how that Swat team shot and killed that solder in his house (and didn't even fire a shot back). The guys jaw dropped when I told him that story.
There are many places in this world where the police are truly there to protect and serve the public, and if they don't, they are called out in public, ridiculed on the street. In fact, a lot of police force in other nations do not even carry firearms. But in America, they get a one-way ticket to the sidewalk, and then to the hospital, and THEN, you are charged with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

It's truly amazing what I hear from the mouths of people in other countries.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Wow... I just now got online with chatroulette and look who I just happened upon....Never mind... I just found out that this was a fake. My mistake.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
Donkey from Shriek!

Nope, it was snoop dog (I think that's what people call him). The highlight of it was when he blew smoke into the camera...

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
so is it like skype?
Snoop was a fake... I just found out... sorry for the false alarm. But yes, it's like skype, but random people all over the world. If you have a computer camera, you can chat with people from all over the world. Heads up though, there are a lot of silly/stupid people on it that do nothing but insult you... so you have to find people that really do care about talking..

It's very intersting if you have the time. Talking one-on-one to people, without the 'news filters' is very neat.

K

Kentucky Kache

mikeofaustin said:
texastee2007 said:
so is it like skype?
Snoop was a fake... I just found out... sorry for the false alarm. But yes, it's like skype, but random people all over the world. If you have a computer camera, you can chat with people from all over the world. Heads up though, there are a lot of silly/stupid people on it that do nothing but insult you... so you have to find people that really do care about talking..

It's very intersting if you have the time. Talking one-on-one to people, without the 'news filters' is very neat.

So, it's like Treasurenet? :laughing7:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Kentucky Kache said:
mikeofaustin said:
texastee2007 said:
so is it like skype?

So, it's like Treasurenet? :laughing7:

The silly people are the people that you can see because they appear to be 12 years old in the window. But, others are much older and actually want to chat. BUT, most of the time, again, it's not worth it because you have to go through 100 people that are looking for 'other things', before you can reach someone that actually wants to talk.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
Have you found anymore famous people to chat with?

Nope. But, it really is great fun to talk to people from all around the world. They have nothing to hide because it's totally anonoymous, and they have no problem at all telling you have bad it is in their country, and etc,etc,etc...

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
mikeofaustin said:
texastee2007 said:
Have you found anymore famous people to chat with?

Nope. But, it really is great fun to talk to people from all around the world. They have nothing to hide because it's totally anonoymous, and they have no problem at all telling you have bad it is in their country, and etc,etc,etc...

I wonder if other countries have a person watching the chit chat to see if any secrets are being let out of the bag...it does say that you could be recorded.... I know some countries keep a pretty tight grip on their population.

Yeah.. .but what bits and pieces I do get, it's very interesting. Things you will not hear on the news.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
HAH! I just had a lesson from someone in china about the differences in Dialect between mandarin and Chinese. For example, to order a beer in Taiwan, its "Beetcu", but in China, its "Pen-cho-uh".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread