Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a few things at a local thrift store. 3 PS2 games at a buck each. I was going resurface them and noticed scratches on the label. Instant coasters. I can't complain because I cleared $23 on a Logitech Mouse I bought for 50 cents. I also bought a pendant for $2.00 because I thought it looked like at least 10k. I checked in the parking lot and couldn't find any markings.

I pulled it out today and checked it again. Can't find any marking on the chain, but did spot 14k on the pendant. I can't make out the maker's mark. 1.9 gram on the pendant. Not a big score, but better than the $3 I spent on the games :)

Attachments

• pendant1.jpg
    pendant1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 63
  • pendant2.jpg
    pendant2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 79
  • pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 84

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tasty Lemonade with that pendant find! Yours is just the opposite of many of my experiences. Several times, the sellers will look at the pendant and disregard the chain. At a golf course and surrounding neighborhood, a garage sale had long necklaces hung on map tacks. One had this awful looking pendant, but the long chain it was on "had that look". All the necklaces were marked $3.

As I looked closer the 22" chain was marked 18kt.....

Maybe your gold chain could be gold filled, at least. And maybe when gold gets past the $2,500 mark, sending in gold-filled will amount to a nice check...if the Refiner is an honest company.

Good find, Keep lookin'

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tasty Lemonade with that pendant find! Yours is just the opposite of many of my experiences. Several times, the sellers will look at the pendant and disregard the chain. At a golf course and surrounding neighborhood, a garage sale had long necklaces hung on map tacks. One had this awful looking pendant, but the long chain it was on "had that look". All the necklaces were marked $3.

As I looked closer the 22" chain was marked 18kt.....

Maybe your gold chain could be gold filled, at least. And maybe when gold gets past the $2,500 mark, sending in gold-filled will amount to a nice check...if the Refiner is an honest company.

Good find, Keep lookin'

I've had a fair amount of luck with charm bracelets. I posted about it a while back. People check the clasps, but it's the charms that are often the icing on the cake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread