jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit a townwide and followed signs on Saturday. The best "find" was getting permission to do the property next door which was a colonial tavern site! See "Today's Finds" for that post.

Scored the following:

-2 Diehl and Westinghouse desk fans, nice fans but need some work - $5 for pair
-P90X set, looks unused (gave this to my wife but these are pretty expensive on ebay, take a look) - $5
-Gamecube console and 2 controllers and X-men disc, missing power cable - $3
-iRobot Looj, gutter cleaning robot - $5
-Smithsonian series Stieff cufflinks - reproduction of George Washington Inaugural Buttons - $2, this has to be one of the coolest things I ever found at a yard sale, not very valuable but probably my favorite find in a long time! I will wear these!
-some other random junk for a dollar here and there

Attachments

• IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 55

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for the weekend.

If I had ever given my an excise program, I would have been afraid to go to sleep at night.:laughing7: Even before she got sick she was a size 0 or 1.

The only time she ever had any real weight was when was pregnant with our daughter.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those cufflinks. I'd never wear them because I'm a t-shirt and jeans guy, but I still like them.

A little story about my wife and exercise equipment. About a year and a half or so ago I purchased a top of the line treadmill and an eliptical for literally pennies on the dollar because it was a moving sale and "it has to go today". I think I paid $75 for the pair of them (or maybe each I don't remember). At any rate, I sold the treadmill on CL for a quick $300. The lady that bought it wanted the eliptical also (Reebok audiostrider 990). The wife didn't want to part with it because she was going to "use" it. Flash forward to today, the eliptical sits on the back porch gathering dust and lizard poop (a Florida thing). It has never been used by her. Not even once. I hope your wife actually uses the P90X. If she doesn't use it, sell it before it grows roots. lol

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I like those cufflinks. I'd never wear them because I'm a t-shirt and jeans guy, but I still like them.

A little story about my wife and exercise equipment. About a year and a half or so ago I purchased a top of the line treadmill and an eliptical for literally pennies on the dollar because it was a moving sale and "it has to go today". I think I paid $75 for the pair of them (or maybe each I don't remember). At any rate, I sold the treadmill on CL for a quick $300. The lady that bought it wanted the eliptical also (Reebok audiostrider 990). The wife didn't want to part with it because she was going to "use" it. Flash forward to today, the eliptical sits on the back porch gathering dust and lizard poop (a Florida thing). It has never been used by her. Not even once. I hope your wife actually uses the P90X. If she doesn't use it, sell it before it grows roots. lol

She started working out pretty heavily around October, right at the end of our garage sale season. Since then she has purchased 2 of the competitors to the P90X workout system. She also purchased a full set of weights to use during the workouts. Needless to say all this stuff was bought at full retail because of the lack of garage sales in the colder months. The P90X will get good use once she finishes the current system she is using. Should save us about $100 so that makes me happy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread