Sometimes the breaks go your way!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Not only was I lucky to be in charge of 28 6-8 year olds at baseball practice tonight, I had the privilege of attending a baseball meeting afterward; it adjourned at 11:00, just a few minutes ago. On the way, I stopped at 7-11 to get a drink, choosing the Double Gulp, for those of you familiar with that particular size. I'm pretty sure that Trixie undercharged me, and my policy is to always point that out to a clerk. This I did, and I don't think she was motivated enough, as an employee, to correct the mistake. My conscience clear, I headed out the door and to the meeting. Emptying my pockets tonight, I discovered a discolored dime and thought, "that could be silver." Lo and behold, under better light, it was: a 64D Rosie. It's just a Rosie, so no pictures are forthcoming, but now I'm sitting here wondering, "what else did she have in that drawer?"

Upvote 0

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
:wink: Nice! It drives me nuts when that happens! When I lived up north I seldom came across anything worthwhile in my pocket change. When I moved to Virginia it was like a treasure trove of old coins AND bills! I lived in a very small town in a fairly remote area so all the money floating around was pretty old. Had many silver certificate ones and fives come my way. Unfortunately, rough times hit and I had to use 'em. There will be more keepers sooner or later...

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Thats great to get any silver in change. You don't see much of that anymore.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions