73.2 KB · Views: 529
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the serrated/notched. That's a fave material of mine, just shows up that flaking superbly.
Excellent.

Molly..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow thirty7 those are really nice. Great photography as well. That beveling reminds me of the edgefield scraper/knife. Did they come from a hunt of yours? :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Nice points for sure! I think a lot of people call flint Sonora incorrectly but, yours has the definitive "pitting" that is characteristic of Sonora. Did you find those points?
Chuck

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow.it has bothered me selling just a few of mine,wonder how the person feels about your purchase.thanks for the look very nice.. jamey. p.s. sorry i couldnt do the w.va hunt with ya got a little busy but theres always another day.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
jamey said:
wow.it has bothered me selling just a few of mine,wonder how the person feels about your purchase.thanks for the look very nice.. jamey. p.s. sorry i couldnt do the w.va hunt with ya got a little busy but theres always another day.

Hey thanks jamey, good to see you back around here.

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Loving the colors there, just amazing the types of materials utilized by indians in the making of stone artifacts. Nice snag Thirty7

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for the great rock pics. I stared at those pics for about 15 minutes before I came up with a favorite. The light colored piece bottom center is such a great color scheme that I have to request you send it to me ASAP for a drool bath. The longer I collect, the more I become convinced Sonora is the ultimate midwest material.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Awesome! I hunt in Central Ky. Although I didn't get to step one foot in a tobacco field this year. First year in a long time that I haven't looked for artifacts. Got hurt this spring and couldn't get out in the fields. I'll make up for it next year!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
pointdlr said:
Thanks for the great rock pics. I stared at those pics for about 15 minutes before I came up with a favorite. The light colored piece bottom center is such a great color scheme that I have to request you send it to me ASAP for a drool bath. The longer I collect, the more I become convinced Sonora is the ultimate midwest material.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson

I have to agree with you Jon, just unbelievable rich coloration. The whole spectrum too, but the rich blues, and purples are my favorite. I'll send it to you for a closer look, I was about to send something your way anyway so the timing is good. I'd like to hear your opinion on it as well, It was labeled as a dovetail, but I think it may be a pinetree because it's not beveled like most resharpened doves.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Adena_man said:
Awesome! I hunt in Central Ky. Although I didn't get to step one foot in a tobacco field this year. First year in a long time that I haven't looked for artifacts. Got hurt this spring and couldn't get out in the fields. I'll make up for it next year!

Good luck!

Appreciate it Adena man, sorry to hear about your bad luck, good luck to you next spring. Do you find some Sonora there in central Ky?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread