Need some Id help on some Ky. points.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Recently rolled the dice on a frame of ' Authentic Ky. Points ' on Craigs list. They're good with plenty of patina and mineralization. The materials are definitely Ky too, hornstone, sonora, fossilized cherts, brassfield, etc. I'm having a hard time identifying many of them. If any of these look familar to you I'd like to hear your opinion. I think 6 and 7 may be Kirks because neither are beveled, but I'm not positive? Appreciate any comments, thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frame full of points.... :icon_thumright:

Do you have a copy of "Official Overstreet Indian Arrowheads Identification and Price Guide 9th Edition", or "Native American Indian Arrowheads & Projectile Points by: Lar Hothem" ?

you are probably already aware, but if not pick up copies of those two, they are great for ientification purposes as well as the average going prices......

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just guessing and trying to I.D Nice acquisitions from Craigslist.

3. hardin?
2.Bakers creek
8.Bakers creek
13. jacks reef
7. Jacks reek also
14 uhh the base and ears whats left Dalton classic?
4.Harpeth river

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Treasure_Hunter said:
Nice frame full of points.... :icon_thumright:

Do you have a copy of "Official Overstreet Indian Arrowheads Identification and Price Guide 9th Edition", or "Native American Indian Arrowheads & Projectile Points by: Lar Hothem" ?

you are probably already aware, but if not pick up copies of those two, they are great for ientification purposes as well as the average going prices......

Yeah I've got the 9th edition and 10th edition, and tried identifying many of these points but these 14 were the ones I couldn't pin down. Looking foward to 12, I've got several pieces in it. Anyone know when it comes out?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have one like #9 not sure what it is though found in tn jamey

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
Just guessing and trying to I.D Nice acquisitions from Craigslist.

3. hardin?
2.Bakers creek
8.Bakers creek
13. jacks reef
7. Jacks reek also
14 uhh the base and ears whats left Dalton classic?
4.Harpeth river

Thanks for taking the time to help out, I appreciate your opinion. I figured you would have a better idea on these then I could come up with. I think 3 is a Hardin too it's got some beveling going on. Harpeth river is the way I was leaning on 4 too, are they really thin and well flaked? I'm pretty sure 14 is a Dalton, early flaking on it and ground base. Thanks again for your help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread