Soon very soon E-TRAC who has the best deal on one?

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
Re: Soon very soon

waiting for mine to be delivered then i will have to learn all over they are are a great machine but as with anything it takes a little to get used to good luck with yours dennis

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys will be pros! Etrac isn't hard to figure out... just takes time to understand all the features and figure what audio modes and personal settings you like the best. Most the time you will be fine with the default settings.

What the Beep?

Greenie
Aug 17, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Garrett Ace 350, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can go out day one and finds great stuff with the E-Trac. It takes awhile to get into the more advanced functions of the machine and to learn to use it to it's full ability. Download the E-Trac emulator and you can try out all the features and start to learn the machine. It's a really cool tool. You can get it here: http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/9429/setup-etrac-en.exe

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks guys for all the info on the E-Trac :icon_thumright:

Does anybody know who has the best deal on one??I might be looking to get one in the next 2 weeks!Please post here or post message me,thanks!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rob.s said:

Does anybody know who has the best deal on one??I might be looking to get one in the next 2 weeks!Please post here or post message me,thanks!

Ron with windy city detectors has great deals. I bought both my etrac and excalibur from him for a great deal. You don't need all that mumbo jumbo that other bundle into the "kit" you can just get the machine from him. thats all you really need. And remember, cash is king. don't be afraid to haggle just a bit.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my best deal on an Etrac from Mike at "Woodland Detectors". Was so pleased went back and got another deal on an Excalibur II. Mike is knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Works with all his customers to get them detecting.

He is in the dealer section here on TNET.

Ed D.

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
i got mine with the sunray coil for 1350 new england detectors it seemed to be a good deal for me dennis

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also if you get it from windy city you don"t have to worry about it being shipped to your house!

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
etrac007 said:
also if you get it from windy city you don"t have to worry about it being shipped to your house!

That's true.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro

Lookn4Seated said:
rob.s said:

Ron with windy city detectors has great deals. I bought both my etrac and excalibur from him for a great deal. You don't need all that mumbo jumbo that other bundle into the "kit" you can just get the machine from him. thats all you really need. And remember, cash is king. don't be afraid to haggle just a bit.

THIS ^ I Bought 2 E tracs and an Ace 250 from Ron. Just ask him for the best deal minus everything except Andy Sabisch book, you'll want that.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a suggestion. Talk with a few dealers, get some quotes, ask a few questions and go with the one you feel offers the best deal to you.

When you buy a car do you get one price and buy without researching a little?

FYI, Consider getting a pin pointer, Garrett's Pro pointer or the inline Sunray model work nicely with the Etrac.

Ed D.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Born2Dtect said:
Just a suggestion. Talk with a few dealers, get some quotes, ask a few questions and go with the one you feel offers the best deal to you.

When you buy a car do you get one price and buy without researching a little?

FYI, Consider getting a pin pointer, Garrett's Pro pointer or the inline Sunray model work nicely with the Etrac.

Ed D.

I have both sunray and garrett. My gripe with the sunray was after a year of use it started falsing for no cause (like a broken wire in the coil) which has tremendously reduced its effectiveness. Also when I hunt with people with sunrays only, I am often handing my garrett pointer to them b/c they can't find the target with the sunray (less range I think). Since you already have a garrett, save some money Rob and stick with that.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks again for all the comments here and thru e'mails in heading me in the right direction on this :icon_thumright: I have the Garrett pointer so that saves some money on my end and need to make some calls soon on price in the next week or so.HH everyone!!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact Sunray about repairing that probe. I have heard of reasonable customer service. Won't hurt to check. I had a Sunray but did not like the extra weight on longer hunts. I Kept having brain farts, forgetting to switch back to the large coil. I thought it had a little better distance/depth capabilities than the GPP. I know a few who use it (SunRay) well. I use GPP and am very satisfied with it.

Ed D.

What the Beep?

Greenie
Aug 17, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Garrett Ace 350, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a refurb E-trac from Ron. I feel like I got a great deal. It is like new and has been working great. It also has the full warranty if you have any issues with it. Ron worked with me a bit since he didn't have to ship it or pay e-bay fees. That helped off-set paying sales tax. I'm really happy with my purchase.

Imnengr

Oct 31, 2009
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got mine from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. I did a lot of shopping around. Check out his bundles. You will be glad you did.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone for all the feedback and emails!!!I finally ordered a etrac today and should be here by next week..All I need now is to upgrade the head phones now and I'm set :skullflag:

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Enjoy it Rob. Since the Headphones that come with it will only last you 1/2 year to 1 year at best, use them until they die. Just don't get caught with them dying on you out there. I opted for Grey Ghost NDT's since the cord (the part that is likely to break -- (at the jack usually)) is not only replaceable, but also they come with a spare. From 2 1/2 years of detecting, thanks due to DEET eating away at the plastic, the ear cups will likely die on mine far before the inner workings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread