Sorry cash for gold guy!

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
We have a yard sale today and my sister-in-law's community. After was over we went to some other houses to see what was Leftover. One house the lady asked me if the cash for gold guy stop by. I said yes I have the patience for them because they pay little for everything. She asked if I knew anything about super coins at all and I told her I did about US but not for foriegn. She went in the house and came back with some quarters from Canada and she wanted $20 for all of them. So I bought those. Two houses down I thought of 14 karat gold and Sterling bracelet for 50 Cents. And some other sterling jewelry for $.50. This was at the end of the yard sale I guess the cash for gold guy was not On his toes today! Or maybe you don't like sterling. I can't believe all this was out after four hours a yard sales.

image-3004502285.jpg

image-149604711.jpg

image-2138559715.jpg

image-3393272075.jpg

And the lady I had bought the coins from the exchange phone numbers and she has $1000 bill for sale. Along with a lot of other coins that are at her other house.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the bracelets! The cable bracelet reminds me of a David Yurman, but his seem to have a tighter twist and solid gold parts usually by the gemstones. Very cool! Are there any makers marks?

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man! I want to find some of these garage sale finds!

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
Ya, it's Peter brams. I wish it was yurman. I thought it was too!! Bummer.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jewelry generally gets snatched up quickly around here at sales, but I have found some of my best buys at later times of the day. I like the ring.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you've got a type 1 Standing Liberty quarter, might want to do some searching on it, some of the dateless ones can be identified if its a 1916 by some various die varieties and even a dateless 1916 is worth big bucks.

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
Looks like you've got a type 1 Standing Liberty quarter, might want to do some searching on it, some of the dateless ones can be identified if its a 1916 by some various die varieties and even a dateless 1916 is worth big bucks.

How can you tell it to type one by not seeing the the back of it? One is, but I could never tell by the front.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
How can you tell it to type one by not seeing the the back of it? One is, but I could never tell by the front.

The hair is very different, on type 1 examples the hair points up at the end, on type 2 examples the hair goes straight down.

Of course there are other ways, namely the lack of chainmail on the breast on higher grade coins, the shield is different, and they just look "better" to me. But the hair is the main thing that I look for.

bare-breasted-standing-liberty-clothed.jpg

Type 1 on the left, type 2 on the right.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Most people will never believe this, but some of my best finds have been at 2:00 pm on the last day of a garage sale.

I usually do better later in the day. It seems like they go back in to find more stuff at about 10:30 or 11:00 to refill the Yard Sale. Sometimes it seems I can't catch a break before 11am. I call 11am and on GOLD time.

J-Herby

Greenie
Apr 21, 2013
I know this has nothing to do with your post but do you or anyone know what this is? I bought a lot if foreign coins on an estate sale and this was in the bottom of the tin under the paper money. This is my fort time posting, and I'm doing it from my phone so hopefully it uploads the pictures. Thanks and I hope someone can help

Attachments

• image-3912309929.jpg
    image-3912309929.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1081810643.jpg
    image-1081810643.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
Sorry I am no help. Looks like part of a rosary or a catholic piece maybe?

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this has nothing to do with your post but do you or anyone know what this is? I bought a lot if foreign coins on an estate sale and this was in the bottom of the tin under the paper money. This is my fort time posting, and I'm doing it from my phone so hopefully it uploads the pictures. Thanks and I hope someone can help

Hello and welcome J-Herby- There is one in the British Museum -- Commemoration of: exhibition of the seamless coat at Trier Cathedral British Museum - medal

J-Herby

Greenie
Apr 21, 2013
I just recently bought some acids and a stone to test gold. I was looking back on my old thread today and was thinking if it was actually real gold and come to find out it tested to be 10k and it weighed 3 grams. So not to bad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions