sorry.

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have been thinking about getting back into metal detecting again and found this forum last month. and have read a lot.

Back when I was in the navy. I saw a few people on the beach detecting. My friend said they "have no life and are looking for pennies" and I was curious so went up to do the "what are you doing" talk he said the finding treasures people leave behind (or something like that) I asked him if he liked finding pennies he said yes it is all good

He was a nice guy so I did what I thought would help him out I went to the bank and got $10 in pennies (removed the wheat's) then tossed them in the water at high tide(over about 1/4-1/2 mile)

I did this in Mayport FL and VA beach VA ($10 in each)

Sorry guys I have now learned how upsetting it is to dig up a penny they were tossed out on the beach in 1989.

W

WEIM

There arn't many people who would do such a nice thing.

that in itself makes it ok...

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would have been a lot easier to just send the $20 to me ;D ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
%$#@ %$&* &%$# @$%^ &*^%%$#@ %$&* &%$# @$%^ &*^%
&*^%%$#@ %$&* &%$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's OK,

I don't Hunt Beaches ;D

JEFF

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
snappy, Shame on you,,, you took out all wheat's... ;D
Welcome to the forum, and back to the hobby, if you decide to get back into it..
Good luck, & Possibly Happy hunting~

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya man keep coming back ,brother....
11 more steps to go........... ;D theres coffe and cookies on the table in back smoke if you need to.....

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a kid throw some change out in front of just to see if I would find it I guess. I thought it was cool. Don't worry about it. That change might be all they found that day and that made it a good day.

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Ah ha! So Snappy is the culprit for all of the '89's at Va. Beach. Thank you Snappy, its all good, I'll dig a penny with a quickness.

But your friends assumption that detectorist don't have a life? Its typical of government to brain wash their employees; they didn't want you to know how darn much fun we are having :P

I'm jesting of course, I appreciate all of our past, present and future military professionals. And with just as much admiration, I appreciate those that remain on our home front and share their wages with Uncle Sam that are made from blood, sweat and tears.

And detectorist....a non discriminating group, we don't care who tosses out the change for us to find!

swingman

Feb 7, 2007
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab (2), Garrett (2), Whites (2)
If I catch people doing this, I smile (though it may hurt) and ask them to toss quarters instead! But your heart was in the right place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions