leads from family and friends

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
BLACKFOOT said:
  How many of you have followed a lead from a family member or friend and found something?

Without getting specific, I have followed up on leads and found things... certainly! 

Now, Maybe you are interested in caches or hidden treasures, which has not happened to me, but I've been to encampments, ghost towns that I get access to, locations of mining camps and the like. A lot of folks know that I detect so after a while they drop a hint about "that old scout camp" or "I remember the old church retreat grounds". 

T

treasurejack

Both of my parents are still living, in good health and in their 80's, and whenever they recall an old swimming hole or an old park, etc., they always make sure to tell me about it. They have lead to many good places to MD. My father even recalled and old private campground with a fairly deep creek in it where they use to go swimming when he was kid....."I took a few old things from that location."

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
My brother is a very activy hunter fisherman etc. He has no interest in TH but has made notes map what ever for me I have found lots of thing from his info. Two years ago he had a deer lease with 2 old cabin sites on it. Hunted on a 3 day week end found very little till we found the trash dump dug about 35 or 40 nice bottles so it was a good week end. When my brother got his new lease for the next year it said in big lawyer words that no MDing was to take place anywhere on the leased land. You think the owner knows something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread