diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are good questions.I guess i'll join the forum and find out.I think it's a personal brag but you never know.I'll find out.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sent him a message.BTW-Do you know that zincs are worth thier weight now? Well just about,thier worth 97/100 of a cent almost a whole cent.The clad nickel is doing even better it's now worth 5.9 cents per nickel.Can we say"It's time to start hoarding coinage" yet? I guess i'll take all my quarters and dimes and halves and sacs down and convert them to nickels and cents! Ha-Ha!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the United States Mint does not repurchase any issue coins. It will redeem mutilated coins for their scrap metal value and will replace uncurrent coins with new coins of the same denomination. Numismatic items (coins) may be resold in the secondary market. You may wish to contact a local coin dealer if you are interested in selling your coins.

Coins that are chipped, fused, and not machine-countable are considered mutilated. The Mint redeems mutilated coins at the value of their metal content.

Mutilated coins are only redeemable through the United States Mint at:
United States Mint
P.O. Box 400
Philadelphia, PA 19105
(215) 408-0203

I Guess you have to Mutilate & Fuse them all together to actually Make Money off them

http://www.treasury.gov/education/faq/coins/sales.shtml#q10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread