Sound Off!

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
hey muleskinner, what you finding at the west side of the state? Here I usually find a few old coins late 1800's and some relics.

Ian

OP
OP
muleskinner

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
I seem to find mostly clad around here. Gotta find more old sites that are local. Got some good spots up north though. will be heading up tomorrow. Have a logging camp from the 1800's that will keep me busy for years. Everytime I go back I find out it's bigger then I thought. I mean it covers at least 80 acres, has a bunch of cellar holes.
I did manage to dig up a huge metal bar in the shape of a gold bar. Dang things about 18 inches long and weighs about 25 pounds. It's weird because a maget will stick to it although not very well. But my minelab really likes it, got a high reading on it. As you may know minelab sovereigns don't like iron, they just go silent. It must have a fair lead content or something.
happy hunting
muleskinner

glassdiver

Jan 2, 2007
The Thumb of Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's, Nautilus, Fisher, Garrett
Bill from Otisville.
I don't get on here very often ( you can't dig bottles and detect if you're on a computer) but I do check in occasionally.
Mule, let me know if you would like a companion to that camp. I'd be interested primarily in bottles, but I can bring several detectors. I always liked the idea that a lot of lumber jacks were paid in gold.
Bill

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman here in Oakland county.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott from Ovid (30 miles northeast of Lansing)

I hope to get out detecting next summer. Have not had time this year. I have not done any serious detecting since the summer of '05. My hunting partner (dad) had a stroke in 2005 and passed away last February, mother followed him 13 days later. So I have been busy with the family farm and sorting 50 years worth of stuff. Once I get everything sorted out I will be back at detecting.

I do read the boards here every day and look forward to detecting once again.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mid-Mich)

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Marcellus Checking In

25 miles sw of kazoo. lots of good stuff. lake mich beaches, inlande lakes, lots of parks, schools etc. Just not enought time to do them all.

hh Steve

GTI2500

Greenie
Aug 31, 2007
Oscoda Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minlab X70
I'm from Rochester Hills, and have a place up in Oscoda.
This is my first post.
And i've gone here almost daily for a long time now and have just logged in.

Larry

mptilkins

Apr 4, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
lonestar
mike, chesterfield mi been finding lots at metro beach! plan to go first thing in the morning!!!! good luck to all!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread