Sound Off!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I live in Virginia now, but my name is Bobby and I grew up in Warren, I-696 and the Groesbeck area.

Alot of the places you mentioned have brought back wonderful memories. Algonac State Park and Pink Grove Park in Port Huron. I caught alot of walleyes, trout and some salmon there.

Michigan Rocks!!!!!

DM

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom from Hesperia in da hizz-ouse!!! I detect Oceana, Newaygo, Mason, and Muskegon Counties for the most part.

Currently "in absentia" in sunny Baghdad, Iraq......should be home early May just in time for nice detectin' weather!!!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I work with a few guys from Flynt Michigan up until late-nov-early dec at a salmon cleaning station here in pulaski NY...

Does that count...i'm seeming to bore them with my metal detecting tales..lol

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
goldie1959 lonesome bob not far jax co. jim campbell both you guys pm me might have an extra md

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
Dan clarkston michigan
just getting into this, need some help, anyone close looking for a partner drop me line here or at [email protected] on msn messenger, i want to buy some stuff , have no idea whats good whats junk etc. there is way too much info on here to make any kind of decision.
would like to hang out with someone just to watch, learn etc.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
welcome gzrbear, haven't been camping out your way in a couple years, seem to remember a viking axe found out around the lake, in a book, don't remember what i was reading, lots of logging in the area, a buddy i worked with has a camp a little south east of you was telling me about a early tradding post or something similar he found way back in the woods in the area. i would love to check it out, i don't think he is in good enough health to show me, and said that even with a ATV, it would still be a walk. have you ever seen the Paulding lights? been there a couple time and saw nothing

grzbear

Oct 18, 2007
michigan - western up
Detector(s) used
harborfreight stud finder
HEY THOMPY that old trading post sounds interesting -- don,t have much of a proublem getting around in the bush, geo tracker works pretty good--there are so many old logging camps@mine sites around it would take a lifetime to check them all out. - most of my detecting has been up in the keweenaw around the copper mines- got a couple of good peices , nothing big,--those paulding lights must be for tourist, i,ve never seen um.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i have a buddy up buy Mass that started detecting this summer, Iam suppose to head up and check out some of the copper hunting, havent really had the time, we have looked for gold aroung the Negaunee/Ishpeming area for some of the old gold minethis summer, he has found some nice copper pieces with silver though

michigan mike

Nov 15, 2007
michael tudor from leenawee county i just started mding this summer so far i have found about four dollars in change and two cars. o.k two matchbox cars but mding gets me outside and its fun never knowing what you might find next. blue skies MT

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Jim here from Sterling Hts. Detect both land and underwater. Always looking for something old and interesting and am really wanting a cannon (no replica's) for the front yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread