All Treasure Hunting
provident metals cheaper shipping

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking to buy 5 or 10 oz silver bars your best best is Silvertowne. Provident sells the exact same bar for roughly 3 dollars less than Silvertowne but tacks on an 8.95 shipping fee and if you pay by
credit card provident hits you with just a little bit more. Silvertowne sells their bar in house for 3 dollars more with free shipping. Last week I ordered on Monday and had it in my hands on Wednesday
evening. Provident used to be able to do that but not anymore, their shipping times are now out to 4 or 5 days before it hits the post office then add another 3 for transit time.

Don't get me wrong, I have spent an awful lot of money on Provident Metals and will continue to do so, but I stumbled across this unusual item in my browsing. A penny earned goes the old saying.

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
FreedomUIC said:
If you are looking to buy 5 or 10 oz silver bars your best best is Silvertowne. Provident sells the exact same bar for roughly 3 dollars less than Silvertowne but tacks on an 8.95 shipping fee and if you pay by
credit card provident hits you with just a little bit more. Silvertowne sells their bar in house for 3 dollars more with free shipping. Last week I ordered on Monday and had it in my hands on Wednesday
evening. Provident used to be able to do that but not anymore, their shipping times are now out to 4 or 5 days before it hits the post office then add another 3 for transit time.

Don't get me wrong, I have spent an awful lot of money on Provident Metals and will continue to do so, but I stumbled across this unusual item in my browsing. A penny earned goes the old saying.

Thanks for sharing. Ordered 10oz bar from Provident earlier this week. Will check out Silvertowne for my next purchase, which will be soon ;-)

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Not very impressed with provident so far. Their website wouldn't allow me to use a direct payment, so sent a check (don't want to pay a premium for cc). 3 days later I get an email telling me that they have received my payment, but they will wait 6 days for clearance. Check cleared in 1 day, but they are still going to wait the 6 days. Then 4-5 days for shipping.

Lesson learned . . .

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
My provident bar finally arrived.

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Just had a very smooth (and much faster) transaction with Silvertowne. Very satisfied.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had a very smooth (and much faster) transaction with Silvertowne. Very satisfied.

Silvertown is way more expensive then most online companies except their own brand of bullion. So if you are looking for things other than bullion, Silvertowne is not the place to go.

OP
OP
oneeye

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
FreedomUIC said:
Silvertown is way more expensive then most online companies except their own brand of bullion. So if you are looking for things other than bullion, Silvertowne is not the place to go.

I was buying bullion - sorry if that wasn't clear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread