How long till more announced QE?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It was pretty obvious this week that the PM market and stocks rallied a bit anticipating that the fed would announce more QE, but instead they said not yet and PMs fell back down.

When do you all think they will institute more QE? Not that I personally believe it will do any good in the long run to save our economy, but it does seem to stimulate PM prices due to anticipated inflationary factors. From what I am reading, the Euro situation is very close to falling apart with Greece and maybe soon Spain, so they will probably do more stimulus there first? Should be an interesting summer with respect to the Euro.

But here we will probably have another bad jobs report next month, and maybe then the feds will announce some new type of stimulus plan? Since this is an election year, you would think that they would be doing more to fix things up before November, but maybe they are waiting till we get closer to the election. In any event, any new QE or stimulus will get PMs moving up I believe.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Last edited:

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer 202 / garrett ace 250
I think the market is waiting on the election to come around.If Obama is re elected I believe silver could shoot up to $50 or $60 an oz.If Mitt wins I believe it will stay between $20 $35 for a few years.That's just my guess

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! QE3 just before the elections to make Obama look good but the stimulous won't do any good. As for the spot price falling when Bernanke started at 10:am so did the spot price start falling and in 10 minutes 20% of the silver mined in a year was dumped. Manipulation? You bet. The Cartel have changed tactics now, when the job report or when bernanke speaks the spot goes down but have you noticed it starts going up again. Mmmmmmmm

As for fixing things up before the elections that's not going to happen as it's just going to get worse even with the stimulus because we can't just keep on printing money with no backing. Gold and silver is going up folks, keep stacking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread